Changed out O2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed out O2 sensor

So I changed out my O2 sensor last night with the denso. I didn't think I was ever going to get that old one out of there. It took some force to break it loose it was hard as heck to get in there at the right angle. I didn't have a deep enough socket or the right size impact so I had to break it loose with end wrenches. Then its started sprinkling at that point I took it up a notch. I ended up breaking off the old one so I could get a socket on it and get it out quick then the new one went in real easy for the most part. Finished up just in time before it really started raining. It seems to idle a little smoother now and run just slightly better. I hope this bumps my MPGs up a little more too. I'm going to try and get some pics this weekend of the car for you guys to see.
    1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

O2

I knowthis has probly been posted somewhere. What is the part # for the Denso O2 sensor? Is you motor a B3?
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

O2

Okay, sorry, found my own answer.drool Search IS my friend! Denso pat #'s 234-1000 & 1019.:pottytrain4::wink:
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Yeah I used the 234-1000

Comment

Ref. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33945 ;-)

A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

And you used anti-seize on the new sensor, right?
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              And you used anti-seize on the new sensor, right?
              I don't think people use it enough; an ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cussing.

Or with anti-seize...an ounce of it will be all over your person.

Comment

Yes I did that new one came with a little tube of it. I slathered that sucker pretty good. I did have a little smoke coming off it couldn't tell if it was just the WD I had sprayed down there burning off, anti seize burning or a little exhaust leaking. I am going to look at it again later and make sure I got it in there good.

Comment

Working...
                X