Hopeful of a New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopeful of a New Member

While my wife and I were walking out of Walmart this afternoon, we noticed someone taking pictures of my Festiva with his phone. He saw that I owned the car and mentioned a friend of his had a few Festivas that couldn't find custom wheels for one of them and he wanted to prove you could customize a Festiva. Long convo short, this friend sounds like a DIY Festy kinda guy, so I gave the guy who took the pics my name & number plus the website, and hopefully we'll get a new member here.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Sweet! Ive gotten a couple people to get on here, they dont use it as much as I do but its still awesome

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I gotta start the trend 'round these parts, I've seen a couple, but the few that show up on CL are always full of callers, Current prospect is one down near Tacoma, can't get to it 'till next week. Glad I have the whole summer to find one before I need it for my culminating project, would fo sho be nicer to find one now and drive it in the summer, Sorry bout the hijak
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

I left a note on one today, saying to check out the site. It was a white '88-89 with a red hockey stripe. I used to pass him on the freeway on the way to work, then the car started showing up at the building across the street from me, so today after work I pulled into the parking lot and left a note. I am kind of doubtful, but you never know.
        '90 LX

Comment

cool, get him to come to the meet.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
            cool, get him to come to the meet.
            I did that too :hello1::toothy10:
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Left my business card with this site under the windshield of an '88 or '89
              Red - great condition, about a block from my work.

Comment

I always try when I can. Especially on ebay if I'm selling something I'll plug ff.com or sometimes on CL I'll see a wtb or something and tell them to check out the site.

I have a pretty funny story about meeting a fellow Festiva enthusiast.

I owned a Fiesta last summer (some may remember) and ended up selling it. Well the guy who bought it (in West Virginia) had a title issue and calls me a year later. So I say I will do my best.

The issue was.. I bought the car from a guy who never got it put in his name. Long story short the guy who bought it was well aware of the situation.

So I went back to the guy I bought it from to see if he would get it put into his name so I could send it back to the guy. He wasn't at the house I bought it from. It was his dad's house (same name) and he was basically a jerk about it and wouldn't help me. So I went to the originally owners address. Took a shot in the dark. Turns out this 70 year old man was still there (5 miles from where I bought the car) I pull up to his driveway and I see 2 festivas sitting there. I knew there wouldn't be a problem!

Long story a bit shorter he is helping me out. We talked festivas for a good hour. He sold 3 festivas for $100 two summers ago! I was so mad! But I'm trying to pick up one of his 2. Super nice guy! Told him about the site but really don't expect him to get on being I don't think he has a computer.

Apparently if you like festivas you'll probably like the old fiestas as well
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                X