No announcement yet.

Bought my first Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day another tidbit of data. Thanks Karl!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

How is your front grille? Any broken tabs?

Comment

no broken tabs on the front grill. I tried moving the lever on the hatch but still couldn't get it open. This car has more emissions crap on it than any other car i've ever seen. It's from California so i guess it's all the added California stuff. When I swap in a used engine I'll probably end up using a weber and eliminating all that stuff

Comment

That's a nice looking Festiva dabird. I wish mine looked that good.
          :study:

Comment

Eliminate all you wont but don't toss it. Guys out here may need it.
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Keep fiddling around with the inside lever (moving it back and forth a few times) and getting out to try the outside hatch handle again. I had a hard time with an '89LX hatch recently. But I got it open.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^ X2 and if you can get a buddy to try the outside hatch handle while you work on the lever from the inside it can make things go about 14-15 times as fast since you don't have to crawl out from the trunk everytime you mess with the lever
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

here are some interior photos

Comment

A couple more. If anyone has a good driver side tan LX door panel let me know

Comment

Looks great! Man I just love the brown LX interior! The 88-89 LX interiors are more durable in my experience too.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                      X