Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's this WICKED stretch of washboard road on my paper route.... hehehhehe

Today it was so bad that my phone went from the spot on the dash to the left of the speedo, to BEHIND the drivers seat.

So much fun. Cracks me up every morning. Literally cracks the festy up. LOL
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
      installed new boost controller, and a new innovate MTX L wideband! added a support to my hood latch!

My MTX-L just died the other day. No idea why. It was great up til that point.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
        There's this WICKED stretch of washboard road on my paper route.... hehehhehe

Today it was so bad that my phone went from the spot on the dash to the left of the speedo, to BEHIND the drivers seat.

So much fun. Cracks me up every morning. Literally cracks the festy up. LOL
        Yup i understand about those gravel roads. The road from I35 west to the Festiva Ranch was a blast to drive, for some reason the Festy kept wanting to go faster, so hey why not.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• - pulled out the rear bumber assy for sanding and painting.
          - cleaned and applied rust converter on the rusty rear bumber
          Godspeed...
          click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
          1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
          93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
          97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
          94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
          95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
          97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
          Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
          97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
          2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

• I changed the oil, filter and cleaned the TB. I checked my hoses too. Unfortunately, one (the section that attaches to the air filter system) is cracking pretty badly. Anyway, still, it was a good day! I'm hoping to get some nasty license plate and door screws removed from my hatch tomorrow.

Comment

• Changed the oil because it was ticking rather loudly.... Still ticking. Whatevs. I accidentally backed it into the 04 GP though... whoops
              Buck.
              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I had to pick up a van part at the local Ford dealer. I drove my car Freshtiva.It was a round trip of 44 miles which brings the year to date mileage on that car up to 94 miles. Its fun to take to the dealership, answered seveal question about the car and turned down a couple of offers to buy it. One from a customer who feared I was trading it in. He was driving a Cadillac CTS ?? One of the salemans sister use to have one and loved it. The two ounce metal piece for the van cost $70. Ive bought festivas for less.

Last edited by freshtiva; 10-24-2011, 11:49 AM.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Got the b8 festy running....just need to button up and test drive
                  Ford Fester

Comment

• 200K i recomend a regemine of SeaFoam for that valve tick
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Fixed my rev limiter problem... lol bad wire on the VAF connector
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Made a shift "knob". Can't find my I-Mark shift knob (probably in the van over at dad's house where I keep it and the trailer. So I got a couple M10x1.25 nuts and a cracked 17mm 3/8" drive deepwell socket and drilled out the center ever so slightly with a 13/32" drill bit so it just slips over the threads on the shifter without damaging them. Drop the nuts down into the socket, and just twist it on. When it gets to the bottom of the threads where the shifter threads on, tightens up Not too pretty (or long term) but it will keep the threads off my hands till I find that shift knob I'll try to remember to snap a pic when I get home, my phone isn't sending pics at the moment

Oh yeah, I tightened up the e-brake too and put a bolt and nut on to pull the downpipe back tight on the manifold where one of the studs apparently gave out (or I forgot to reinstall it :/ lol)
                        Last edited by htchbck; 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM.
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Washed it, waxed it, made love to it.

No, not really on that last one.
                          ~Austin
                          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Hey we wont judge you!^^^^^
                            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Beautiful ,sunny 81 degree Florida day. Washed , waxed & RainXed 'Tiva. Only problem was the damn skitters!!
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Found out my fan switch actually works! I had the fan running constantly all summer but when temps dropped below 50 on average, I plugged it back in to keep it from running all the time. It almost scared me when it came on waiting at a drive through!
                                -Zack
                                Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
                                X