Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got whatle's trans back together, taking a lunch break then going to wash his trans and junior's new b8 swap! The b8 swap is so easy and I had to go to the pick n pull anyway so I figured junior would like some added cc's.
    Ford Fester

Comment

• Put the spare on after I nailed a curb in the parking lot during a snow storm the other night. Left it there until the weather cleared up.

Also, I went to the hardware store and bought a couple size 6 rubber stoppers. I had to drill out the center to use them as grommets (bushings? spacers?) to adapt the universal strut boot into a tie-rod boot. Debating on installing the front end parts myself or taking it to the mom-and-pop alignment place and asking them to install. I hate working out in this windy cold weather.

Then I'll have to hit up discount tire for a couple new 165/70 R12s. Luckily the one I blew a hole through the sidewall came with the car. Puny 145/80 didn't stand a chance!
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• What do you mean snowstorm? Its 70* outside! Today I renewed the tags and paid taxes on my festivas... under $100 for all four of them! Plus another $70 for the van, trailer and Miata. Miata was the worst, tax was like... $16 lol. Festivas were less than $5/ea on the taxes. Love my cars!
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• in the process of putting my festy back together/striping it from a wreck a couple weeks ago, also, painting all the interior, got my fixed fenders today installed, getting ready to primer grey the whole thing, gettin rid of the stock pop yellow slowly but surely gettin it like id like for now, minus a much wanted engine swap..:l
          91 festiva

Comment

• Looks like i'm soon to be in a paper route nearly double the size of my last one.... Get ready festiva!!!

Hope the engine lasts..... It's getting tired. Burning more and more oil. I have the spare engine from festiva 2 though. I've never done an engine swap. Is it hard? Do I need a lift for a festiva engine?
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Installed a new heater blower motor. For anyone doing the same, especially if you have A/C, I discovered that unbolting the gas pedal bracket gives you a lot more wiggle room.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Filled mine up, as a tough guy in a Super Duky diesel dualie sat on the other side of the pump and watched. You know, at first I thought I had paid too much for my Festy, till I realized his oil change would cost more than my car.:p

Comment

• Got another job closer than 530 miles from home where I was working 2weeks away at a time. =more time to spend on the 121!!
                  60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• Well I got the paper route! This one is 63 miles a day, PLUS it's clear on the other end of town so I'll probably be putting 100 miles a day on the festiva. Figured I'd do some inspecting. I found that the whistling seems to be coming from a loose exhaust component, and I also found one of the spark plugs wasn't even finger tight!!
                    Buck.
                    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• 100 miles ain't nothing, lol I run well over that in a 3 to 4 night of pizza. And that doesn't count getting to and from work either. Oh well, at least I'm already a mile a way when I get off from my day job during the week

Today I fixed one of the brake wear indicator tabs on Green Car that had started dragging because it wasn't riveted on very well
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Well it runs much better now, but the whistling/whining is still there. Have no idea what it is.
                        Buck.

Comment

• 92 got a new windshield and wipers today.
                          Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                          1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

• Drove it 50-60 miles, ticking seems to be gone, as does the whining, but it's wet out.
                            Buck.

Comment

• Made the decision to sell. :/

Too many other projects, and someone else will definitely do it better than I would. I'm just not as interested as I was before, I guess.

Comment

• Polished my donor car tail lights with autosol. Lookin brand new compared to the faded/chalky lights they were yesterday!
                                60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Working...
                                X