Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    You sir, have a very... Positive problem? 41MPG. Imagine if this were an F350 forum. By F350 I mean trucks, not Ferraris.
    Then I'd be looking at WVO and WMO.
    Oh, that's right, that's what that centrifuge is for in my garage!
    The VW Rabbit and the 6.2L GMC box truck both use diesel!
    Rabbit 45+ and box truck 10-11 MPG.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• How's the centrifuge work for you? I've just been using a 5 micron sock filter and a 5 gallon bucket to filter WMO/Raw gas/Trans fluid, etc. and dumping it in my 7.3 (It really doesn't care what it runs on, nor does the VW).

Comment

• Picked up a '93 Sport yesterday

-Josh R

Comment

• Stolen! :thumbright:
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Ya stolen from me"........I'm pissed:nono:
            Ford Fester

Comment

• Doh!
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Carbon fiber center vent delete. With a water temp gauge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
                  How's the centrifuge work for you? I've just been using a 5 micron sock filter and a 5 gallon bucket to filter WMO/Raw gas/Trans fluid, etc. and dumping it in my 7.3 (It really doesn't care what it runs on, nor does the VW).
                  Centrifuge not complete, need to have an inner wall welded in to create the catch basin for the bowl.

Currently using a nested set of sock filters 100, 10, and 1 um and gravity filter WVO cold. Then blend it with diesel/kerosen/gasoline depending the temp. In the summer run about 1/3 diesel and 2/3 WVO. Runs well.
                  Setting up the next diesel with a heat exchanger to pre-heat it before it hits the IP. Your 7.3L is likely more finicky than my 6.2L.
                  Waiting to get the centrifuge up before using WMO.
                  Should with low flow rate, 2-3 gal an hour, remove particles down to < 0.1 um.
                  Last edited by Pu241; 03-27-2012, 06:40 PM.
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                    Carbon fiber center vent delete. With a water temp gauge.
                    Pics or it never happened!

Comment

• PM me your cell number and I can txt you pics.....

Comment

• Not a Festiva, but got my brother's Capri running for the first time in a very long time! Started right up too!
                        BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

• Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                          Carbon fiber center vent delete. With a water temp gauge.

Comment

• cleaned up the fuse block and tinned the connections with solder and added actual fuses instead of the fusable links.

Filled her up with premium and added a bottle of seafoam for treating me good
                            2004 dodge cummins with a full competition engine and transmission.

2002 duramax bone stock

2013 gmc Acadia

1993 rotted out Festiva 5sp: beater car and daily from MI to NC

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                              That doesn't look nearly as cool as it did in my head. Still awesome, and decent work, but I had something entirely different pictured. LOL

I was thinking that the entire center bezel had been wrapped to cover the vents, instead of plates being added in their place.

Comment

• That is not carbon wrap....its genuine carbon fiber.

Comment

Working...
                                X