Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightened rear bearings, and changed my tail pipe again
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• What are you changing?
      -Bryant

Comment

• I dropped about 20 different parts off to my buddy the powdercoater.
        -Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
          What are you changing?
          I had done a center exit exhaust, which made it louder. I cut it back down. I guess it's part of getting old...

Also put new "Festiva" mud flaps on.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• My led lights arrived today and I put one in Trixie's dome light and cargo light.
            Also put one in Nellie's cargo light. Much brighter light now.
            Tomorrow I'm going to replace the standard light with leds in Bessie too.

Comment

• Played Musical Chairs

Moved the Festi Ice Racer from its storage spot

shuffled the road race RX7 out of the place of honour

and set the Festi up at the centre of attention to start race preparations for the winter season
              Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
              Icetiva-3-race-car-build
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• . Roof rack!!
                Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• Winter tires installed at all four corners. Hankook I - Pike RC01 155/80-13...

Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Rods popped off my door handles when trying to open the door in these near single digit temperatures. These cars are just the worst when it comes to this, because I had it happen last year as well. Now until I can pop the door panel off to fix it, I have to hop in through the passenger door.
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Replaced the messed up, nearly unreadable faceplate of the Climate Control Unit with a good one.
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                        Rods popped off my door handles when trying to open the door in these near single digit temperatures. These cars are just the worst when it comes to this, because I had it happen last year as well. Now until I can pop the door panel off to fix it, I have to hop in through the passenger door.
                        I had both doors do that to me. Luckliy the hatch still worked but sucked having to crawl though the hatch. I promptly fixed both doors soon thereafter
                        N3WBI3

Comment

• Originally posted by jayber View Post
                          I had both doors do that to me. Luckliy the hatch still worked but sucked having to crawl though the hatch. I promptly fixed both doors soon thereafter
                          Door works again. I thought the rods popped off, but the lock and handle stuff was so frozen, it acted like it was broken. Now I have to leave my doors unlocked or else this will happen again. lol
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Lets see, today I got my first Festiva, replaced valve cover gasket, taking the head off to drain crappy oil out, taking off holy exhaust pipes, removing back seats for a speaker set up. And cleaning it up!

Comment

• Don't forget to clean out all of the crud under the valve cover oil baffle. Otherwise your PCV valve may not be able to function efficiently.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 11-19-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Broke it.... replacing the frigging thermostat. And *pop* the rear tab broke off. *sad face*
                                Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                                X