Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went from no daisies, to daisies.
    Attached Files
    Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• swept the snow off it

Comment

• Deleted IAC, moved VAF pigtail to driver's side, fixed my lower rad hose with an EMT bend, and ordered intake pieces. Only thing left is exhaust and battery relocation, and Blue will finally live again.

Got to feel the clutch for the first time. I'm surprised how light a SPEC stage 2 is. Honestly, it's nearly as feathery as stock. Blew my mind a little.

Can't wait to drive a Festiva again. Been way too long.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Bout time

Comment

• Not today, but yesterday gave Blanca a ride home on a rollback. My daughter backed over a tree stump that was low enough to miss the bumper and gas tank, but not the beam. She couldn't have hit it more dead center. Bent it about an inch and really adjusted the "toe out" on the rear wheels. Hopefully the beam I salvaged from my JY car will fix it. We'll see!
            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
            "Wenona"-89L parts car
            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
              Bout time
              Right you are. Unemployment is the ultimate motivator.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• sweeping more snow off festiva highways closed no power so far 9 hours top off all that cold is comming

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                  Deleted IAC, moved VAF pigtail to driver's side, fixed my lower rad hose with an EMT bend, and ordered intake pieces. Only thing left is exhaust and battery relocation, and Blue will finally live again.

Got to feel the clutch for the first time. I'm surprised how light a SPEC stage 2 is. Honestly, it's nearly as feathery as stock. Blew my mind a little.

Can't wait to drive a Festiva again. Been way too long.
                  These E series clutches are scary light. I put a brand new sachs clutch in Pedro and I push the pedal, confused as to if I forgot something. Lol. I probably should have gotten a spec, but I've had really bad luck with their clutches on other cars, so I'm a bit jaded. They seem to have the Festiva clutch nailed down pretty good, but can't make a BMW clutch to save their lives. Interesting business strategy. Haha
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-25-2015, 02:15 PM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I replaced the valve cover gasket. It was drooling oil all down the front of the engine and it got into the spark plug ports. I had to pull the plugs and clean them all to get it to start. She's all clean and happy now.

Comment

• Changed out:
                      LCA's, hub bearings, pads on the font and shoes on the rear, and all rubber brake lines
                      Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• did the old gutter guard grill mod, painted the grill with truck bed paint relocated the fog lights into the grill. I likes it
                        Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• That's the best black grill setup I've seen IMO. Because it ties into the hood and lights instead of just being a black grill.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• Nothing unfortunately. Mother has just been using it to drive to work. lol

Thinking of using my free 4 wheel alignment thing from Tirediscounters that I got for buying a tire for the Monte, on the Festiva instead after I fix the passenger side tie-rod. Because i am eventually going to need 2 new front tires on the Monte, and they will just give me another free alignment when I do buy those tires.

They couldn't do it on the Monte because they said one of the tie-rods were bad and needed changed first, and just gave me a voucher, and nothing on the voucher ties it to the Monte Carlo.
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Got it shipped from Oregon to L.A.! Hells yeah cant wait to do some burn outs lol

Comment

• Originally posted by burundon View Post
                                did the old gutter guard grill mod, painted the grill with truck bed paint relocated the fog lights into the grill. I likes it
                                That looks good, are you going to paint the bumper body color?
                                Jack Byrd,
                                1991 Capri
                                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                                1970 Chev C10
                                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Working...
                                X