How Rare Is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Rare Is it?

I just picked up my newest Festiva. Its a 1991 GL automatic With A/C and power steering! Does anyone have any idea if this is a rare combination of options? Ive never personally seen one with power steering until now. If its rare I will keep it as is. Otherwise I will be scrapping the A/C and the P/S when I get around to swapping the BP into this car.
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

The power steering is kinda rare, I believe it was only in 91. If you want to scrap it I'd be interested in buying it.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

oh wow. that's a gem right there

Comment

I'm only guessing that the car I just bought would be the slowest Festiva ever produced. With P/S A/C and an automatic trans. I'm guessing the only engine swap I could do with this one while still keeping the accessories would be a SOHC B6
        Paul
        91GL
        Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I'd say it's very rare. I've never seen one in this area. No ps the main reason the better half doesn't like to drive the festiva all the time. I just tell her the festiva is built for real men (or women).
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

hey do me a favor and post a pic of that ps pump I'd like to see how it sits and I have one but I'm not sure if it's a Festiva oem or not..

Comment

DJ,
              I will see what I can do about getting you some pics of it sometime this week. Its all pretty grungy and dirty right now. But you should be able to see what you need.
              Paul
              91GL
              Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Power steering

I just picked up a complete but collision-damaged aqua 91 GL manual with power steering for $200 in Seattle. Current use is as another lawn ornament. Since the left front wheel angles in about 20 degrees vertically, I can't go see how the power assist feels.
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Power steering in a Festiva? Only a wimp would have to have power steering! These cars turn on a dime! Of course that is if you still have the stock 12" wheels! LOL.

Good find!
                  Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

Working...
                  X