0-60 times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-60 times?

When I was shopping for a Festiva I was expecting them to be uber slow. The one I got however goes 0-60 in 8-9 seconds. Is this normal?!?! Really surprised me how decently quick it was. Obviously no racecar, but wow!
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

I think your watch needs adjusting.

Comment

Stock festiva aren't too terrible in the first 3 gears, 4th and 5th you need a sundial to time your acceleration

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I go from 0 to 60 in 2 days, 35 minutes and 12 seconds.
        '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
        '02 F-150 Supercrew
        '02 Excursion 4x4
        '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

I'd believe a stock Festiva might do 0-60 in around 10 to 11 seconds, with stock tires, no rear seat and everything adjusted properly. Also a good driver weighing no more than 180 pounds or so...

Eight to nine seconds sounds quite "impressive." How are you timing your runs?

I haven't timed it yet, but I'd be quite happy if my B6/MTX did it in under nine seconds with my kinda heavy 175/70-13s.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^ i timed my b6 in around 7.something with stock 12s
            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Just with my head.... But verified with gps. It's under 10 sec for sure. I guess it's cause I pretty much drive around a shell and only weigh 150.
              Buck.
              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

My no-options '90 L with an Aspire 5 speed Can run to 60 with all kinds of cars, but like Damkid said, once you're done with 3rd, it's like hitting a wall.

I'd say mine, with my 160 lbs, gets to 60 in around 10 seconds.
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Reminds me of one of the big ads VW had when it was introducing the "new" beetle...

0-60? Yes!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                    My no-options '90 L with an Aspire 5 speed Can run to 60 with all kinds of cars, but like Damkid said, once you're done with 3rd, it's like hitting a wall.
                    Probably something to do with the fact that 4th and 5th are both overdrives. There's a big gap in gearing between 3rd and 4th.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I have driven 3 stock carbed festys that were unreasonably quick. one of them got 29 mpg in town run hard. I'd say 8.5 would be reasonable to expect from an unusually quick yet stock festy especially if it was gutted. 10.5 is the normal stock 5 speed festy time.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                        Riding the clutch from a stoplight, my Aspire is pretty quick in 1st &part of second. But, at 35 it really slows down.

The ultra-lightweight of these cars give them decently quick takeoff....unless you got an automatic

Comment

For real!! The auto kills them. The 5 speeds wound out go 25 in first. The autos go 38!
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Meaning the five speed is geared appropriately for the power and weight. The autos are not.

Comment

The auto (Aspires anyhow) top out at 75 as well. I know because I floored one for 5 miles once.

Comment

Working...
                              X