Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper introduction

Hello people of FF.com

I've been around for a lil while, mostly reading. Some of you know more than others about me. I thought it was about time to properly introduced myself and my little Pepestiva.

I bought my '93 (L?), ATX, around February 2010 and had lots of trouble with it since. I sadly made the mistake of going in a garage with it, maybe had no choice since I got no garage to work in (not even a parking spot) and it needed lots of work.
    Since I've heard you're all pics addicts:

The engine bay could win awards in the all-of-fame of dirtiness :

As you can see I am in the white Festiva club, but as under-cover

Done since I bought it:

- rear brakes, shocks and top plates.
    - front springs, calipers, pads, rotors and lug nuts (9$ each!) on four wheels
    - alternator and battery
    - regular maintenance: plugs and plug wires, rotor and cap, oil every 5k miles, timing belt, accessory belt, water pump, valve cover and its gasket
    - exhaust from cat to muffler
    - coolant bypass pipes
    - wiper motor, linkage
    - temp gage for radiator fan
    - rear left side bearing
    - both tie-rod ends
    - front bearings
    - refurbished exhaust manifold

What's going on now: the block is cracked on the outside, leaking coolant big time and I got an annoying timing issue. It dies when getting on "Drive" and it gives bursts of gaz when low revving, like if I was giving it shots on and off the gaz pedal. A thread will follow into this.

What will go on this spring: B8-ME swap and ATX to MTX. I picked up the motor and tranny today for 200$. Work will continue next weekend to dress that beloved B8.

More to come!
    J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

Good to hear another swap in the works! I take it you've got a space to work in now? I set up a car shelter to work in mine for the lack of a garage. As for the black paint, that's exactly what I would do. Every car looks better black!

oh and....a proper welcome to you!

Comment

Hey hey!

Thanks thered, a friend of mine is actually a mechanic, so we'll work the motor at his dad's place, but I can't work there more than 2 weekends for the whole process.

A shelter is not even an option, I'm in apartment and park in the street. A second Festiva would allow me to have it parked somewhere and get work done there. But then my gf would go crazy...
      J-S

Comment

Proper welcome here too!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by js_og View Post
          A second Festiva would allow me to have it parked somewhere and get work done there. But then my gf would go crazy...
          hahaha just say it's "for her"! haha j/k

As for the shelter thing, I had to convince my landlord to let me set it up in the large back yard we share (and never use for anything else). hehe

Comment

Very nice car, I can't wait to see some picts of it all cleaned up when the weather gets better.
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

thanks kartracer, the weather here is really killing our cars badly. I will try to go ahead with a paint job this summer, can't tell the color right away though
              J-S

Comment

Working...
              X