No announcement yet.

Fastest festiva top 10 list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im glad you got this job. I know you will run this as fairly as the FOTM is run. What kind of pay raise did you get ? :p
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
      Im glad you got this job. I know you will run this as fairly as the FOTM is run. What kind of pay raise did you get ? :p
      he is paying us to let him run the forum. Want another one too? LOL
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        Want another one too? LOL
        Im good
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Nice work! Well once you get into the #1 spot on F/I Festi's I'm gonna have to dethrone you off that N/A list! :p

I won't be running nitrous though. I'm scared of that stuff, especially with high compression.

Comment

^^ Don't fear the bottle...and nitrous loves compression
            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
            Zulu Ministries

Comment

^^later in the summer i'll be buying a nitrous setup :evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I'll be putting some numbers down soon as well.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                ---------------------------------------------------
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I hope to see my car in the 12's when its done. I'll be happy then. 12.9999999 is good enough for me. It'll come down to tuning. The build will be there though. Got a lot to learn.
                  -Bryant

Comment

I quit even posting my times, because.........WHO CARES !!!!

My car still has A/C tho.
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      later in the summer i'll be buying a nitrous setup :evil4:
                      I guess it's gonna be tougher than I thought!

I knew I'd get that kind of response on the nitrous. I guess it's partially a matter of fearing what I don't understand. I understand turbos and superchargers, but haven't really looked into nitrous. It is pretty sweet to have power on tap when you wanna use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                        ^^later in the summer i'll be buying a nitrous setup :evil4:
                        Nitrous loves the heat too :mrgreen:

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                        I guess it's gonna be tougher than I thought!

I knew I'd get that kind of response on the nitrous. I guess it's partially a matter of fearing what I don't understand. I understand turbos and superchargers, but haven't really looked into nitrous. It is pretty sweet to have power on tap when you wanna use it.
                        Nitrous is safe if you use it properly. Most of the horror stories you hear are from people who just bolted it on and hit the button. If you build the car with the intended use of Nitrous it has the same longevity as a boosted motor.

The biggest obstacle you need to overcome is detonation and much of the build and tune is geared towards this. The basic recipe for a nitrous setup is forged pistons, colder heat range plugs, pull ~2* of timing for every 50hp of N2O, and you have to ensure that you're flowing enough extra fuel for the nitrous when it kicks in. A good wide band to keep an eye on AFR really helps too. Most nitrous horror stories come from a car that went lean when the user sprayed the car and the engine detonated. N2O + Detonation = BOOM

We built a 13:1 4.6 nitrous motor for a friends Mustang that he runs in PTRA. The car has TONS of passes on it and the only problem we've encountered was keeping a torque converter from grenading (now solved). The nice thing about the nitrous cars here in the south is that it doesn't care about hot days like the supercharged cars do. The hotter it is, the better she runs
                        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                        Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                          I quit even posting my times, because.........WHO CARES !!!!

My car still has A/C tho.
                          Lots of people care. It's like racing cars, bikes, boats. You you do it for the fune of it always trying to do better the next time.

Paper racing is what this is. Do the best you can and hopefully make it to the top. In the meantime you do it for the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          -Bryant

Comment

Nitrous is Performance with a Payment
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                              Lots of people care. It's like racing cars, bikes, boats. You you do it for the fune of it always trying to do better the next time.

Paper racing is what this is. Do the best you can and hopefully make it to the top. In the meantime you do it for the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              thats a good description of posting our times online....... the way i see it, posting time slips help the newbie's get an idea what swap they may want to do one day depending on what kind of times they want at the track

i honestly don't care if i ever claim the #1 overall fastest festiva spot, but of course i'll see if i can, just because it will be fun to try

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                                Nitrous is safe if you use it properly. Most of the horror stories you hear are from people who just bolted it on and hit the button. If you build the car with the intended use of Nitrous it has the same longevity as a boosted motor.

The biggest obstacle you need to overcome is detonation and much of the build and tune is geared towards this. The basic recipe for a nitrous setup is forged pistons, colder heat range plugs, pull ~2* of timing for every 50hp of N2O, and you have to ensure that you're flowing enough extra fuel for the nitrous when it kicks in. A good wide band to keep an eye on AFR really helps too. Most nitrous horror stories come from a car that went lean when the user sprayed the car and the engine detonated. N2O + Detonation = BOOM

We built a 13:1 4.6 nitrous motor for a friends Mustang that he runs in PTRA. The car has TONS of passes on it and the only problem we've encountered was keeping a torque converter from grenading (now solved). The nice thing about the nitrous cars here in the south is that it doesn't care about hot days like the supercharged cars do. The hotter it is, the better she runs
                                That's strictly a drag car I take it? I'm thinkin' bout a dd with 11:1 C/R. Thanks for getting me thinking about the bottle!

Comment

Working...
                                X