New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of the turbo mustang?

I have a turbo mustang too. 25horseplay (owner of ff.com) has a twin turbo cobra.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
      ^ and are dual core radiators compared to the single core ones that came in manual transmission cars. Make sure you change that radiator soon. If the car overheats, you will be pulling the head.

Nice car! Welcome!
      The only reason they had the two core was for the trans cooler, if you run an external trans cooler it is no problem. I have ran several Festivas this way and never experienced a cooling issue. Or a trans failure for that matter and I towed with both those cars. But it's up to you.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Welcome to FF.com, place a want ad in our FS section for the parts you need.

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
        Pics of the turbo mustang?

I have a turbo mustang too. 25horseplay (owner of ff.com) has a twin turbo cobra.
        I was thinking that myself Greg!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
          ^ and are dual core radiators compared to the single core ones that came in manual transmission cars. Make sure you change that radiator soon. If the car overheats, you will be pulling the head.

Nice car! Welcome!
          Hmm...I think this busted radiator must be aftermarket then, because I'm 99% sure it's a single core. I will change the radiator before the car gets driven. With the busted one in, it just spews out coolant (see pics ^).

1990new: I'm sure it is for the trans cooler then. I just took a quick glance at it to compare it to the spare radiator that came w/ the car.
          Thanks for the info on the flush. I wasn't planning on flushing it out, but I prob will now that you mention it. There was also a service manual in the car, so I'm good to go on that.

eurotiva: ops: I'm not sue if I have any. I lost most of my pics a few years back when my computer went down. I've had the Cobra since 1999, so you'd think I'd have plenty of pics. I also had a '03 Cobra coupe & a '03 Cobra vert.

25Horseplay: Will do. I think I'm gonna buy a couple of the things I need from kartracer46. Was going to wait & see what else I'll still need after he checks what he has.
          2005 Cadillac CTS-V
          1995 Mustang Cobra (Turbo)
          1993 Ford Festiva (Auto) white
          1993 Ford Festiva (Auto) teal

Comment

Glad to see another Virginian here on the site.... Welcome.... you are now bitten by the addiction
            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
            89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
            Projects in the works:
            84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Only pics I could find.

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Welcome to the site and welcome to your newest addiction! Nice Festy and Mustang! Is that a Saleen wing on the one in the background? I'm thinking of swapping the Cervini's wing on my 98 for the Saleen.
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Thanks, & yes it is the S281 wing. I put the Saleen kit on it prob 11 years ago when Saleen was still selling them (for too much $$$).
                  2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Nice! I love the looks of the Saleen kit. I went with the Stalker kit on my 98 but I've never been completely sold on the wing. I took it off over the Summer while waxing the car and I liked the look of it without the wing much better. That's what got me to thinking about the S281 spoiler. I'm doing a 95 GT big block car as my next Mustang project and I'm seriously thinking of installing the Saleen kit on it. I really like it on all the other SN95's I've seen running it.
                    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Welcome & congrats!

Comment

Working...
                      X