Adjustable cam gear (pulley)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable cam gear (pulley)?

Hi. New to the forum. I'm a regular on the mazda323 performance forum. A handful of us are trying to locate adjustable cam gears that would work on the BF (B6-sohc) because of turned cams and making it easier to fine-tune the engine when taken in and dyno-tuned.

We heard rumor that the Mazda 121/Festiva had one made by some company? Is there any truth to this? Do any of you guys w/ Festivas have/have access to this part? Any suggestions?

Thanks.... 8)

They used to sell them but I can't find the cam gear on the website anymore.
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I found an adjustable cam gear of the Toyota 4age engine. It has the same 46 teeth on the sprocket as the b3 engine. Is there someone that have an adjustable cam gear on a b3 engine? And if so, will it work well because it's a single cam so the intake and exhaust will effect the same?
      :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

Dead thread bump. I need to go to junkyard and find this one out. Adjusting the cam for more low end on a b3 would help it's mileage and pushing powerband on a b6 swap would be great.
        Last edited by getnpsi; 05-19-2011, 04:46 PM.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

^aggreed
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Havent gone yet. The cool thing is if you buy a used set and still need to pay a guy to machine them to fit, you can go 1/2ers with another festy owner and come out way up. Hopefully toyota people can help with pics or setting a cam ear on top of a festiva's
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
              Havent gone yet. The cool thing is if you buy a used set and still need to pay a guy to machine them to fit, you can go 1/2ers with another festy owner and come out way up. Hopefully toyota people can help with pics or setting a cam ear on top of a festiva's
              thats a good idea 2 cam gears for 1... kinda
              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Arty says you can use the adjustable cam gears from any B series Mazda engine in this thread:

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.

Look for Festyboy's post.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

yup, it's true!
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If you want a single adj. cam gear I'd suggest going to the "for sale" forum and asking who else wants one. Then get together and split the cost.

Or, if you want, just buy a pair and then sell your extra one in that forum.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                    X