Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth it?

Cars were running, now aren't.????
    Last edited by Jexes23; 04-14-2011, 10:04 PM.

Depends on the price. How much for the both of them? Lotta parts there.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Man that guy has been trying to sell them for more then 6 months now. I wouldn't ouch them.
      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

He wants 400 for each, but lots of times that can change once you go look at the car. My problem is I don't have a Festiva yet, so I want a car that can eventually be driven, not parts. I'm not really worried about the body. The frame and the engine is of more concern to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
          Man that guy has been trying to sell them for more then 6 months now. I wouldn't ouch them.
          That's what I was leaning towards. He's only about an hour and half drive from me, so I was wondering if they were even worth looking at.

Comment

Just keep waiting to find a festiva that doesn't need major work to begin with. Put up a wanted ad on craigslist it really helps.

Also since he's been trying to sell them for so long the tires may be dry rotted, battery most likely dead, stale gas too, and dirty as heck. Not trying to discourage you but there are better deals out there.
            Last edited by Grey Vw; 04-14-2011, 10:51 PM.
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
              Just keep waiting to find a festiva that doesn't need major work to begin with. Put up a wanted ad on craigslist it really helps.

Also since he's been trying to sell them for so long the tires may be dry rotted, battery most likely dead, stale gas too, and dirty as heck. Not trying to discourage you but there are better deals out there.
              Thanks. I think I'm going to take your advice.

Comment

ok the blue car should be able to come back with a bit of work, the green car is a loss structurally. an offer of 500 for both would be MORE than fair....
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^^^ +1

The green car could be saved but it would require lots of time on the frame rack and you would have to source another radiator support from the junkyard. Lots of straitening and lots of labor...time = money. We just had to make the decision to put on down for the same reason. It was wrecked and improperly fixed so now it eats tires on the front like crazy. I have a frame shop so I considered trying to work out what wasn't fixed to begin with. But upon closer inspection of the car we found lots of rust in the rear section. So now we're going to pull the motor for a car that's much better structurally and part the rest for other cars we have.

The nice thing is that an average person isn't going to touch these. They want a driver not a fixer. Only someone with the skill and equipment to repair them may, but they typically know the parts and labor associated with doing that so they probably won't touch them either, due to price and the work needed. Plus they're light so he won't get that much for scrap if he decides to crush them. Offer him $500 (which is more than fair) and if doesn't go for it, let them sit and "season" and check back with him every so often. Or just do what I do... give him your number and tell him "call me when you want your money" :mrgreen:
                  Last edited by Zanzer; 04-15-2011, 04:26 PM.
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

the blue one wouldn't be too bad, not as banged up as some of the cars I've seen put back on the road with only the steering fixed, not even worrying about the body
                    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                    Projects in the works:
                    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Working...
                    X