Bath Salts.....are they an epidemic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath Salts.....are they an epidemic?

I was just wondering if only Northeast PA was having problems with the use of bath salts for getting high. It seems todays generation of teenagers are findings extreme ways to try to run away from reality and/or responsiblity.

Is it just here (PA) or is this becoming an epidemic for our society?
    Life is not about finding yourself
    Life is about creating yourself

Its a problem everywere. Todays generation will stick anything up their nose or in their arm. Heroin is pretty big too now. I know of a couple people that lost their kids to that one. Doesnt matter rich or poor, city or back woods.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

it is a problem, but speaking as a 16 year old, I have not nor ever will do drugs not prescribes by a doctor to me for a reason.
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

seriously, bath salts?? who comes up with this stuff!! wtf!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
        1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
        R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
        00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
        03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
        pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
        Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
        Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
          seriously, bath salts?? who comes up with this stuff!! wtf!

Can you believe it? Bath salts, vanilla extract or how about the inside of a simple banana peel. I think if these people would spend more time on facing their fears as they do on trying to find ways of running away they might actually find some happiness and strength within themselves.
          Life is not about finding yourself
          Life is about creating yourself

Comment

Once I was doing a job cleaning something with acetone & began to wonder why my fresh quart was all gone.

I found my co-worker with his nose deep in a rag that was doused with it. Sick mofo.

Comment

you could always just lick toads....they will like it and so will you....lol
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

What you're seeing there is weakness on a very, very basic level. Incredable selfishness coupled with the inability to compete, to improve ones own position in life. The lack of drive to simply be a productive member of socity. The antithisis of creation, destruction. or more specificaly, self destruction. But hey, it's ok with me, and I'll let you in on a little secret a lot of us already know, there's always gotta be losers in order for there to be winners!
                97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

When I was in middle school, the rumor was that if you snorted pixie stix that you'd get a buzz. What actually happened was sugar decomposition in mucous, major headaches, and kids blowing multiple colors out of their noses. This last part actually helped the teachers find out who the kids were who were trying 'drugs.'
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                    When I was in middle school, the rumor was that if you snorted pixie stix that you'd get a buzz. What actually happened was sugar decomposition in mucous, major headaches, and kids blowing multiple colors out of their noses. This last part actually helped the teachers find out who the kids were who were trying 'drugs.'
                    That one gave me a chuckel! Thanks Driver, I needed that.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Snorting bath salts sounds painful as hell.
                      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Get these kids some marijuana before they hurt themselves doing those things.

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                        it is a problem, but speaking as a 16 year old, I have not nor ever will do drugs not prescribes by a doctor to me for a reason.
                        So much irony in that statement.
                        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                          Snorting bath salts sounds painful as hell.
                          I know in Amsterdam, the con-artists sell the American kids laundry detergent(over there it looks more like cocaine). I can only imagine the rude surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                            Get these kids some marijuana before they hurt themselves doing those things.
                            +1
                            1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                            Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                            daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                            A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

The "Bath Salts" in question are not bath salts at all. Rather it is a name used to circumvent the law much like the K2 herbal incense I see for sale. Both products are rapidly becoming illegal , and will probably fade out once the penalty/price is the same as it is for more traditional drugs. On a side note. It never ceases to amaze me the simple view some folks take of drug users. They come from all walks of life... winners ..losers .. rich and poor. Some are the scum of the earth..others are downright nice people. Applying a stereotype label to any group of people is narrow minded in my opinion. You might as well judge all germans for the actions of the WW2 era nazis, or all mexicans for the crimes of the drug cartels. I don't use any drugs of an illegal nature myself, but I've known a lot of folks who have or still do. They aren't all monsters, thieves and degenerates. I've also known a lot of "Straight" people who I wouldn't turn my back on for a second.
                              Jeremy.S
                              1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
                              1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
                              1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

Comment

Working...
                              X