Window rubber guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window rubber guides

Does anyone know where to buy new window inserts (rubber guides)? I have tried Festiva Motorsports and they no longer can get them.

My window pops off the track when rolled down and you shut the door. Of course a simple fix is to not slam the door when the window is down but with no a/c and when you jump out it is hard to remember to roll up the window. I put in a newer/used regulator and that didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas and am I on the right track to fixing the problem?

Thanks.......

The front track weld usually breaks and this is, unfortunately, a common problem in festivas. Pull off your door panel and check it out.

Search the forums for a solution or come up with your own. I'm sure others will chime in as well.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The welds are still holding. I am thinking about drilling the existing hole that holds the bottom channel bigger forcing the channel tighter up against the window. That seems like a solution if I can't get new rubber.

Thanks.....

Comment

Are you talking about the glass run channel or the belt molding?

Too bad you missed the last Kia Pride group buy from Four Green.
        Glass run channels are $17.82 per side + expensive shipping (unless it's a group buy)
        Last edited by bravekozak; 04-22-2011, 04:00 AM.

Comment

If its the glass channel I looked all over for them and never found anything just had to get one off a parted out one on here.
          1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

CHANNEL - GLASS RUN,RH KKY0158605 $9.82
            CHANNEL - GLASS RUN,LH KKY0159605 $9.82

Anyone can look this up.

First go to the free Russian parts catalog for the UK Pride

Fourth item down, and then (Body & Glass)
            Only select part numbers for the 3-Door Pride.

Then go to Four Green to check on the price.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 04-22-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X