Our 11 day 3,000+ mile road trip in Old Yeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 11 day 3,000+ mile road trip in Old Yeller

Left Charleston at about 8 this morning on the first leg of our 11 day road trip in Old Yeller. Made it to our hotel in the eastern outskirts of Louisville at about 8:00PM. Only saw one Festiva on the way.
    It was parked on the south bound shoulder of I75 at exit 141 in Kentucky.
    It was white with a red swoop stripe except the left front fender was all white. Someone else had stopped also (don't remember the car make) but there were two people standing beside the Festiva. It was in late afternoon don't remember the exact time.
    Got a scare as we were getting close to Lexington, KY. The sky got darker and darker as as we drove further. Turned on the local radio and there were severe thunder storm warnings, hail warnings, and positive report of a tornado to the west of us heading east. We just kept on driving and missed everything except lots of heavy rain.
    As I was writing this, we just got a call my oldest son at home in Charleston saying that his wife's father was in really bad shape in the hospital and was on a ventilator. So we are staying the day here in Louisville tomorrow to rest up are and heading back to Charleston on Sunday.
    I had planned to post pictures and a log or our trip on festivacentral.blogspot.com but now this will have to wait until another day.

Anyone here know about the Festiva we saw today at exit I75 exit 141 in KY?

Sorry to hear about your son's inlaw and that you had to cancel your trip and turn around. Glad to hear the Festivas running good though.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

If you guys need anything I'm only 45 minutes away (812)350-8342. Sorry about your son's inlaw. Hope you guys have a great trip despite this crap weather!
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
        Sorry to hear about your son's inlaw and that you had to cancel your trip and turn around. Glad to hear the Festivas running good though.
        Thanks for the sympathy. We are hoping to do the trip later in the year.
        BTW. I was wrong on the exit, It was in Tennessee. It was Exit 141 the last exit in Tennessee before crossing the border into Kentucky.
        Had a nice trip today from Louisville to Pigeon Forge (no storms).
        We are staying in Pigeon Forge tonight and will head back to Charleston early in the morning, hoping for a mild hurricane season this year.
        Yep, Old Yeller is still running great. Less than 83,000 original miles on here and less than 20,000 on the engine. We get lots of looks on the road and lots of comments at service stations.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
          If you guys need anything I'm only 45 minutes away (812)350-8342. Sorry about your son's inlaw. Hope you guys have a great trip despite this crap weather!
          Thanks for the offer Charlie.
          Had we continued, we would have been driving through your city this afternoon. As it is, we are half way home now.
          At least we did get to spend some time with our youngest son Shane (SFestiva) and his family in Louisville last night and this morning.
          Shane had the windshield leak in his Festiva fixed and had added a new driver seat and stereo. Had it cleaned up really nice and it looked great. He lives in a apartment in Louisville and doesn't have a place to do much work on it. He just joined this site in April but his school work doesn't leave him much time to participate on the forum.
          Once we headed south out of Lexington, the weather cleared up nicely.
          I'm writing this from our hotel room in Pigeon Forge, TN.
          Latest news is, he is off the ventilator, but prospects do not seem great at this point.
          We should be home between 2 and 3 tomorrow afternoon.
          We are hoping for the best.

Jess

Comment

safe return journey and your family is in my prayers
            1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
            1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
            Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
            website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Originally posted by Smedley View Post
              safe return journey and your family is in my prayers
              Thank You Smedley.

Comment

Safe return and I know ol' yeller will carry you without fail.
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                  Safe return and I know ol' yeller will carry you without fail.
                  Thanks... We made it home at about7:30 this evening.
                  Our trip ended up being 1,303 miles instead of 3,500+ miles.
                  No problems at all with Old Yeller on the trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X