I'm losing hope... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm losing hope... :(

I just read on wikipedia that only roughly 350,000 festivas were sold in the US from all the years combined. I'd bet at least half of them have been scrapped or rotted out by now. That explains why I can't find one and/ or why I've only ever seen 2 festivas in my life.

How do all you festiva madmen find these cars for so cheap in such good shape all the time? I NEED PROTIPS.
    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Same here, I had one sold out from beneath me and am working on pinning down the only one I've seen on this end of the island, I've only seen it when I have no time to stop.
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
      I just read on wikipedia that only roughly 350,000 festivas were sold in the US from all the years combined. I'd bet at least half of them have been scrapped or rotted out by now. That explains why I can't find one and/ or why I've only ever seen 2 festivas in my life.

How do all you festiva madmen find these cars for so cheap in such good shape all the time? I NEED PROTIPS.
      You live in Michigan. They rust out there from the salt. Move to the South.

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
      Same here, I had one sold out from beneath me and am working on pinning down the only one I've seen on this end of the island, I've only seen it when I have no time to stop.
      You live on an island of 168.67 square miles, with only 58,211 residents: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whidbey_Island

Move off the island.
      Last edited by TominMO; 04-24-2011, 05:23 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

We don't live in Michigan first off, that helps a lot!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Just found 2 festys on CL that likely were the owner's winter-beater. One is a 1990 or later red GL with lots of rust and the other is a White 1990 or later unknown trim with medium rust. The first was listed for $900 OBO and the 2nd for $800 OBO. I offered $500 to each of them.

Here's Red:

And white:

Last edited by Basement_Modder; 04-24-2011, 05:33 PM.
          1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
          Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
          daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
          A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

You live on an island of 168.67 square miles, with only 58,211 residents: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whidbey_Island

Move off the island.
            It's actualy around 70,000, but the festy situation is no better Around the Sound because of gas prices. I figure I can pin this one down, It's got a big heart painted on the hood, I also saw one on the highway the other day, but I think it was an 88 or 89 so it's a no go. Anyways, I love 10 acres of woods with awesome beach access 5 min away by motorized bike.
            Owner of:
            In progress:

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post

What? What's this: http://muskegon.craigslist.org/cto/2341275853.html
              That's right, the very first craigslist quiry I did (you know, for your neighbor hood-GR)
              Get this and then I'll tell you the next part, you know, how to find a nice door and all the other parts your little heart can stand!
              97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
              CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
              Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                It's actualy around 70,000, but the festy situation is no better Around the Sound because of gas prices. I figure I can pin this one down, It's got a big heart painted on the hood, I also saw one on the highway the other day, but I think it was an 88 or 89 so it's a no go. Anyways, I love 10 acres of woods with awesome beach access 5 min away by motorized bike.
                Yeah, didn't really think you'd move. Whidbey's nice.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

BTW, white on may be GL with the body color bumpers and all
                  Owner of:
                  In progress:

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    You live in Michigan. They rust out there from the salt. Move to the South...
                    ...where they rust from high-humidity

Comment

I have had to travel to get my cars, they are all from out of state.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Road trip this summer to Wisconsin, any good ones seen will be gotten
                        Owner of:
                        In progress:

Comment

Its slim pickins right now but keep your eyes open. Have you tried using searchtempest.com it allows you to search multiple CL areas at a time. I think I saw a nice looking festiva with a motor swap for sale in Ohio last week but it must have sold cause I can't find it anymore

Comment

Left Friday for a road trip that was supposed to be over 3,000 mile but had to cut it short, so it ended up being only about 1,300 when we got home tonight. I saw only one other Festiva on the trip.
                            Saw it Friday at about 4:30PM at Exit 141 on I75 in Tennessee (right at the Kentucky border).
                            We have our two here on James Island and I've seen maybe 3 others here in the Charleston area in the last few years. You sure can't sneak around in a Festiva, people are telling me all time where they saw me. The fact that they are becoming rare is also contributing to their increasing value.

Comment

i see 3 or four a week driving around here(western N.C.) & if they are parked i always leave a note with my # and ask them if its for sale also i tell them about ff.com,2 festys ago i bought one from a guy pumping gas in it @ a convenience store(he was buying a vespa) there are 3 or four in my area on craigslst right now.
                              Last edited by kumalaba; 04-24-2011, 06:37 PM.
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                              X