My poor car, my poor poor car :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor car, my poor poor car :(

Well as of yesterday My fester is finally given up on me. Its my BP swapped festiva. Sadly when we got the car it has a nice body but the under part is badly rusted out in all the wrong places, anyways I went to the junk yard yesterday and noticed a bad banging sound near the rear drivers side strut. I figured the strut or something blew through the tower.... I was wrong. The whole trailing arm is coming out from under the car. Got up under it today to witness the carnage and sure enough the only thing holding the rear under the car is the struts and brake lines. Both mounts are pulled totally out of the unibody frame. This really sucks cause I needed it for my new job but luckily it didnt happen when I was doing 65 or 70mph down the highway.

Ill post pictures here in a bit. Luckily I have a almost mint 88lx That is going to be Fi swapped, and bp/F-series swapped. Im still kinda sad though. Fester got me many miles and many stang kills
    Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 04-25-2011, 11:13 AM.
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Ouch, that's a shame

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

good part is you didnt have an accident, sorry!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

Out of the ashes, rises.....SON OF FESTER!!!
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Out of the ashes, rises.....SON OF FESTER!!!
            LMAO, actually mom or dad of fester. Going from a 91 back to a 88. I will end up parting the car out so look for a thread if anyone needs parts for their car. Pics once the rain stops.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that! How do the panels look in front of the rear wheels?
              -Josh R

Comment

Going from Fester2.0 to Fester1.0

Since it appears the rear axle is nearly gone, anyway you could get one of bolts that holds the trailing arm to the body and maybe one of the rear lower strut bolts out and send it to Charlie1717 for this project:

Any other important and available bolts/nuts/washer/screws would also be appreciated.
                Just need to make sure they are each identified so we know what they're for.
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                  Going from Fester2.0 to Fester1.0

Since it appears the rear axle is nearly gone, anyway you could get one of bolts that holds the trailing arm to the body and maybe one of the rear lower strut bolts out and send it to Charlie1717 for this project:

Any other important and available bolts/nuts/washer/screws would also be appreciated.
                  Just need to make sure they are each identified so we know what they're for.
                  No problem. Im willing to donate little stuff like that. It might be a day or so before I throw up a part out so be on the look out. I got to secure this new job before i can start ripping and tearing.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
                    No problem. Im willing to donate little stuff like that. It might be a day or so before I throw up a part out so be on the look out. I got to secure this new job before i can start ripping and tearing.
                    No problem, this is not a short term project!

Just getting my new job I completely understand, get the parts to Charlie when you can!

Thanks
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Well here is my dear Fester and the cause of his death. Car still runs like a raped ape though!

RUST DAMAGE:

Getting ready to go out and grab some bolts for charlie. Part out thread will be up later tonight.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that man

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Could a good welder get it fixed up?
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Man sorry to hear of the fate of Fester but glad you have another Festy in the works dude
                            Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Nah its so rusty under there that any kind of welding would just blow through. I knew it was eventually gonna happen. Driving it this past winter in the salt probably didnt help either. its all good though. My LX has a rust free body plus its a LX. I always wanted to do a Fi/ Bp coversion to a carbed model festiva just for the challenge and knowledge.

This will give me the chance to slap my high compression block back under the head and also replace the valve seals that I have been ignoring. If I can land this job I will also be having the block sand blasted and hot tanked so it can be powder coated. There is also alot more stuff that I want powder coated. My mounts also need grinded down and perfected that way they dont look retro rigged anymore.

Basically fester was a fast build because of transportation problems. There was alot that me and my brother wanted to do to it but just didnt have the time.
                              Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 04-26-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X