Shifter linkage bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter linkage bushings

Hey guys, I need some help finding linkage bushings. Used search and got part numbers that should work at a Mazda dealership---but---no longer available. Same story at two Ford dealers.

The car's drivable but the shifter slop is ridiculous. Ideas anyone???

Thanks

Ned

try this

I get em at napa, part #ATM0771303

Comment

Awesome! Good to know, I have close ties w napa through work. Might try to get in a huge pile of those do distribute to the festy community as needed Thanks for the Napa number!
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Thanks yelo festiva (fast reply too!) I'll try NAPA tomorrow

Comment

Hey, thought that # sounded familiar. If you are looking for these and don't want to try to remember the part # (or if the counter guy doesn't know how to look for a part number) then you can order them for a '90 MX6, same number, and it pulls up in the system unlike searching for it on a Festiva. I haven't personally tried those bushings on a Festiva before, but its the same number that yelo gave above.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

^Tim is using universal door bolt bushings... Just the little copper bushings in the kit are needed.
            93L sold. First FESTY!
            91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
            91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
            89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
            93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
            89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
            93GL Sold Too Soon!
            91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

^ Have a ton of those at work, I'll bring a couple home with me and see how well they fit. Didn't even think about that but they are very similar in design, thanks! BTW ever figure out what you were calling me about the other day? I tried calling back when I saw the missed call but no answer.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by gestiva View Post
                ^Tim is using universal door bolt bushings... Just the little copper bushings in the kit are needed.
                Some guy said that he used a Sharpie marker cap.

Comment

I bought these, but with the ausy dollar at the moment probably not the best choice.

93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                  98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                  98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

if you call napa and order them for a 92 protege, they should list them in the computer. as of 2 months ago they we only $1.20ish each. there are 4 easily changed at each end of the linkage and 2 more that are "not serviceable" from the factory but with an extra trans side bolt a grinder the instantly become serviceable. good luck! its well worth the hasstle
                    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Hello everybody,
                      I'm not a mechanic but I love my Festiva. I made a mistake in manhandlng it. I was hauling to much bulky stuff in it that was blocking my access to the shifter. In an attempt to force it into reverse. I hit the shifter hard and it collapsed from my force. I was able to push it back up into the cavity and it shifts fine. Is it these bushings I need to (have someone) resecure the shifter in its position? Any of your expert info would be appreciated.
                      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artytexture View Post
                        Hello everybody,
                        I'm not a mechanic but I love my Festiva. I made a mistake in manhandlng it. I was hauling to much bulky stuff in it that was blocking my access to the shifter. In an attempt to force it into reverse. I hit the shifter hard and it collapsed from my force. I was able to push it back up into the cavity and it shifts fine. Is it these bushings I need to (have someone) resecure the shifter in its position? Any of your expert info would be appreciated.
                        Cheers
                        nope ....wrong bushings. But yours is a fixable problem. Check out the articles section...I believe there is a write up by DJ describing the fix.
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

My bottom boot is ripped on my shifter, both ball retainers are cracked, bushings are questionable, rubber is old, all metal parts are rusted. I am just going to buy a whole brand new shifter assembly from Four Green and then do the drill technique in thread 26920.
                          Price is $61.75 + shipping.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 04-28-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34857 here you go everything you need
                            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                              ^ Have a ton of those at work, I'll bring a couple home with me and see how well they fit. Didn't even think about that but they are very similar in design, thanks! BTW ever figure out what you were calling me about the other day? I tried calling back when I saw the missed call but no answer.

^Yea, I FINALLY got it running, but it still needs a little tlc, and a few tanks of gas run through it.

I broke the pass axle today, and Im gonna need another one now, lol
                              93L sold. First FESTY!
                              91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                              91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                              89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                              93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                              89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                              93GL Sold Too Soon!
                              91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Working...
                              X