Strange front axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange front axle

I posted a pic of this in a different thread but didnt get much help. Anyone ever see as axle like the one pictured below ? Its got like a ring gear on the end on it. Ive never seen one like this before. They double checked it at Oreillys and said its the right one. Hopefully it will still work. They ordered me a different one just in case. I just dont want to put it on and then have to remove it.

sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Thats an ABS ring (for the hub sensor to read wheel speed) on it. Is that for an Aspire or the festy you've been working on? If festy I'd say it was probably boxed wrong and is either for an Aspire or even something totally unrelated. If its for an Aspire, good chance its the right part, a lot of the aftermarket brands put an ABS ring on all axles for a car that had ABS as an option, so that you only have one part number for that vehicle rather than one with ABS, one without ABS. Simplifies things. But I've never seen a festie one with ABS.

Edit: Just read in your garage post that this IS for the festiva. I personally wouldn't bother installing it since its too likely to be wrong. Just pulled up the axles on their site and none of them show an ABS ring for the festiva.
    Last edited by htchbck; 04-28-2011, 11:00 AM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Wrong part in the right box,, that happens all too often. Guess Ill take it back and get the other one the have for me. Thanks htchbck !!!
      sigpic

Comment

That's the same thing that RockAuto sent me when I got one for my non-ABS Aspire...and it wasn't the only thing that was messed up with my order.

Comment

I just encountered that today while parting out my 97 aspire. Weird looking to me. New any way.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Is it possible its for a newer KIA or something and will still fit a Festy? Maybe they are now covering several apps with the same part. Genuine Festiva axles are probably getting rare by now. Just a thought.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

^ It was a "new" axle instead of a "remanufactured" one.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                ^ It was a "new" axle instead of a "remanufactured" one.
                That's what I mean........maybe no one is making "new" Festy axles because they're too old or obsolete?. If it was a reman, then it would be an actual Festy (otherwise it wouldn't be remanufactured).
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I can still get new axles, I have been installing the QSP axles in all of mine. They are $69, but well worth the money in my opinion.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Yes, QSP FTW!
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I was agreeing with you blkfordsedan.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X