installing a gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing a gas tank

whats the easiest way to install the gas tank in one of these cars? Im in the middle of doing a carb to fuel injection swap and have the new tank ready to go in but cant seem to get it to fit. Any suggestions?
    93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
    89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
    2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

So the old one came of no problem then? Did you get the efi tank from a festy or 2 door aspire?
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Be more specific about what "doesn't fit." Are there four mounting places with four bolts (one at each corner) to mount the tank? Are you having trouble getting it into place, or can't find the correct mounting points? Or are you talking hooking up lines?

I've only removed/reinstalled two EFI tanks. I haven't removed my carby tank from my '89 yet, so I am unsure of how it may differ.

Also, you aren't trying to use a four door Aspire tank, are you? Just gotta ask. They aren't supposed to fit.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

sorry just got my internet up, I got it in no problem it came out of a fuel injected festiva the ebrake cable was in the way once I moved it it went in.

Comment

Awesome! Glad to hear you got it So why the switch to EFI? For better economy or for an engine swap?
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

going to be doing an engine swap soon, also Ive always had bad luck with carbed vehicles wanted somthing more reliable.

Comment

Working...
            X