Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yokohama Tires...Is this a good deal?

Anyone bought tires from Tire Team?
    I can get 4 165/70SR12 YOKOHAMA Y372 BW shipped from Richmond Va to me for 262.93. Anyone know of a better deal?

Don't know about the price, but I can tell you those are excellent tires. Even if they are more money, I would rather spend the extra for those as opposed to some cheap Chinese tires. The last set of 12" tires I bought were Hercules, about $240 mounted & balanced. I got about 40K out of them. The Yokohamas should go 60K if you rotate & your suspension is good.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
      Don't know about the price, but I can tell you those are excellent tires. Even if they are more money, I would rather spend the extra for those as opposed to some cheap Chinese tires. The last set of 12" tires I bought were Hercules, about $240 mounted & balanced. I got about 40K out of them. The Yokohamas should go 60K if you rotate & your suspension is good.
      I agree with you on the Yokohamas. I bought a set of them in 2007 from Tirerack. As of today they have 75,984 miles on them and the tread is still in pretty good shape. Only problem is the one on the left rear has a cup in it (even though I have rotated them often).
      It's not very bad at low speed and we just drive Junkyard around town so I going to kept going on them for now.
      I'm getting the new Yokohamas for Old Yeller. The set on her was bought at Walmart (Douglas) in 2005 and they now has about 30,000 on them. The tread still has some miles left on it but they are over six years old and need to be balanced again so I figured it's time to replace them.

Tire Team had them for about $24 less delivered than Tirerack, so I guess I'll order the set from them this time.

Comment

Tires

I put a set on my 1992-L. Love'em!!

i218127

Comment

Working...
        X