Productive day at the junkyard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productive day at the junkyard.

I went to a junkyard I found out about from a billboard. It is now my favorite one. It's an hour and a half away but worth it. I went there with the intentions of getting parts for doing an EFI swap on my Eagle. I was happy to see a 2000 Jeep with the intake manifold still there. 99+ intakes are a better design and get picked fast. Got a fuel rail, throttle body,throttle cable and some other miscellaneous parts. I also got a hitch for my van since the previous owner welded a vice into the receiver of the hitch that was on there.

One thing I didn't plan on was a Festiva being there. I couldn't resist the perfect right fender and door since mine are damaged. It was in pretty good shape with only 116k miles on the odometer. The engine looked almost brand new. Here's my booty.

One problem, I drove the Festiva.

I had to drive another 45 minutes to a buddy's house because I bought a Jeep Comanche from his neighbor for $300 and I went there to try to get it running. Then drove 2+ hours home. I had a crick in my neck. I don't recommend anybody do what I did. It's not safe.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
    One problem, I drove the Festiva.

^ I did that when I got mine. In fact, I rode around for two days with the exhaust in the car with me. FYI, Festys with open exhaust sound good. :smile:
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
    X