Capri hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capri hardtop

So i was trolling the local PnP and found a capri non xr2 with a hard top, the first one i've seen, my question is, is it worth getting or should i leave it for the crusher.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Seen them go for around a grand in good shape.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

They're good for $250-500 depending on the shape & accesories.

If you grab it, make sure you get all the bolts and plastic trim covers on the back, and get the defrost relay (in the trunk near the rollover switch) and the defrost switch out of the dash. Bonus if you find the hardtop bolt tool somewhere in the car. Big bucks if you get all that
      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
      High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
      Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Holy Crap, well i guess you know where i'm going tomorrow. I'm going to print out what you just told me so i can try and get all the extra parts, wow thats worth going back for. Thanks men
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Here's the section from the service manual regarding the Hardtop: http://www.techcapri.com/PDF/Repair/...op_S01-17B.pdf

Removal info is in there
          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
          High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
          Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Thanks, i'll get it read then a hunting we will go.

Comment

Here is the junkyard top, it's not perfect but looks good. i pulled the rear wire harness from the window defroster, could not find the magic wrench, but i did find another capri and pulled the front holddown latches they are in good shape. Well i guess not. ok i give up.
              Last edited by sc72; 05-04-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X