Ants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ants

Hi I'm new here and wanted to share a recent story.
    I was driving around town and spotted a festiva in a side yard with flat tires and grass grown up around it. So I stopped to ask about it. The owner, an older lady, doesn't want to sell but I offer her $300 cash. She said she would need to check with her son. I get some great news later that week. She would sell it to me only because she wanted it fixed up and running again. Great news for me.
    Know it has been sitting a while I know it might take a little work and a few new parts to get it running. It needs a new fuel pump and as I pull the back seat off to get at the sending unit thousands of ants explode out of the carpet as I pull the first snap loose. Needless to say the next few mins pulling the pump out I became covered in ants and found ants crawling on me the rest of the day.
    What are some stories of things everyone has encountered tearing into an interior?

I found a Haynes Manual for the car.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

My first Mustang we towed home in Waco TX $200.00 for 1980 in 1989.No motor/trans.(But it had a roll cage !) Decided to rip it down to nothing. Wire harness everthings coming out. Sitting on the rocker panel pulling the harness out,I start getting tore up by fire ants. Starts to rain.Time to quit. Start the next day,same thing. Fire ants all over my butt ! No wonder.They had made their nest INSIDE the rocker panel. Dead fire Ants. Then I pull the seats & carpet & find circular saw blades over the seat stud drivers side? Previous owner was very fat. And the floor was literally spider web cracked all round the rear studs. It turned out to be a great fast car. Uglier than sin but ran consistant 1.9 60ft 13.8 @ 90mph.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by festfull View Post
        Hi I'm new here and wanted to share a recent story.
        I was driving around town and spotted a festiva in a side yard with flat tires and grass grown up around it. So I stopped to ask about it. The owner, an older lady, doesn't want to sell but I offer her $300 cash. She said she would need to check with her son. I get some great news later that week. She would sell it to me only because she wanted it fixed up and running again. Great news for me.
        Know it has been sitting a while I know it might take a little work and a few new parts to get it running. It needs a new fuel pump and as I pull the back seat off to get at the sending unit thousands of ants explode out of the carpet as I pull the first snap loose. Needless to say the next few mins pulling the pump out I became covered in ants and found ants crawling on me the rest of the day.
        What are some stories of things everyone has encountered tearing into an interior?
        Oh Man, you need to hear about Batstiva's junkyard expeditions!!!!!!
        You will laugh until tears roll down your cheeks!!!
        He is the Unquestioned King of finding crazy stuff in a Festiva. Let me see if I can find 'da thread.....

Here.....http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ighlight=snake
        Last edited by drddan; 05-13-2011, 12:23 AM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I own a 1997 Ford Aspire fun to drive great gas milage but my passion is 1974 to 1976 Ford Torinos annyway I found one listed on craigs list for parts. Mine needed quarter panels so I go to look at it The car is a POS but for some reason the quarters are virtually rust free so I buy it for 200.00 I bring it home and start parting it out, under the front seat under the carpet I find an old envelope with 300.00 in twenties the newest bill is dated 1976 not a bad deal

Comment

Snake in the Car

The Adventures of Batstiva had me rollin'. This didn't happen to me or a festy but... My sonhad his truck at the stereo shop for new speakers, & was in the install bay talkin' the the installer(afriend of his). In the next stall was a convertable Caddy havein' new equiptment put in. The guy working on the Caddy was lyeing on his back working under the dash. My son said they heard a LOT of banging, cussin', scramblin' from the Caddy & the installer came flying out of the Caddy flinging tools & bashing everything in his way. Under the dash was a 8 or 9 foot Boa. The owner of the Caddy had just bought it at the Auto Auction. All they could figure out was the last owner had lost thier pet snake. This guy had driven the car home from the auction, then the next morning to the shop. what would have happened if the snake had come out while he was driving?
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

That batstiva story, man. I don't think people could even make something like that up.

Good thing he stopped there the next car he would open up would have a mountain lion or something. The next car something bigger and meaner.

Very nice stuff from everybody. Man the things people put up with for a good deal.

Comment

When I bought the '69 VW Fastback back in '86... found a giant bag of weed up under the dash near the fusebox. The cars unofficial name is "The Reefer Unit".
                If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                Mark S.

Comment

I hate ants.

I havent found anything too weird in cars out here but once in a while I'll find DMV printouts in work trucks...OMG don't hire that guy, or that guy, or that guy LOL
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                  X