Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable F series tranny

Ok here's my trouble:

I realised that the transmission I got for 75$ is an hydro one. Apparently I got a couple options:

1) Adapt it pretty much like Damkid did
    2) Maybe get a pedal assembly made for an hydro transmission?
    3) Get a cable operated one

Since I got no welding machine available, I can't go with #1 and Chris is only making the brackets for F series. Don't know much about option #2.

I'm leaning towards option 3 for now and I don't know which cars and what years have a clabe operated F series.
    J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

Originally posted by js_og View Post
    Since I got no welding machine available, I can't go with #1 and Chris is only making the brackets for F series. Don't know much about option #2.
    G Series :lol:

Are you comfortable mounting a clutch master to your firewall converting your festiva to hydraulic? if not then i'd suggest finding a cable operated one

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

My initial problem with G series was the axles... a little hard to find, and $$$

Since I paid 75$ for a tranny instead of 250$, I thought I'd jump on it. I wouldn't say I'm comfortable with the hydro conversion, but I'm open. There's not much info into it though :S
      J-S

Comment

There are a few members who have converted to hydraulic but I think each person does it differently, which would be why there's no write-ups, basically just get a clutch master from your choice of vehicle (probably one the has its own resovoir) then drill a hole in the firewall, mount the master, attach the rod to your clutch pedal and go lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I see your point Chris. Thanks a lot aligning my confused mind
          I'll try to see if the resources around me get the idea. If not, I'll go straight cable.
          J-S

Comment

Up! We need to know what cars have a cable operated F transmission?
            J-S

Comment

If you want a hydro clutch pedal assymbly I have one. It goes with my hydro tranny but if it doesnt sell along with my BP engine then you have dibs on the pedal assym. if you want.
              89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
              My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

i got my cable f tranny out of an 1988 323.
                BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

91 festy, but I already bought skimsucka's cable pedal assy. and it'll be a lil cheaper that way. now! on to 323s!
                  J-S

Comment

i have a complete hydro kit im willing to sell with new EGT master, slave, mx3 pedal assmebly, everything but the lines. if intrested make me an offer.
                    Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 05-16-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X