2 sent to the crusher.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sent to the crusher.

When to Pick n Pull last week outside Seattle. Noticed only 1 Festy & 1 Aspire. The guy said they took 2 Festivas and crushed them (I swear he had a slight grin on his face when he said it) within the last month. I know which ones. Yeah, they were only carcasses, but still... Said they were thinning out the herd. Slim pickin' up here in this corner of the world.

There are a lot down here but i don't have the time or money to help them. I dont want to be single over a car (again)
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
      There are a lot down here but i don't have the time or money to help them. I dont want to be single over a car (again)
      lol
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Thats nothing. I counted 14 crashed festivas at my pick n pull. Crashed on purpose that is.

Tell more.
        Last edited by Grey Vw; 05-15-2011, 03:03 PM.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

yeah, i used to think the old festy was few and far between around my neck of the woods but now that i own one i see atleast three a week. there are youtube videos everywhere of people buying these festies just for off roading abuse.

Comment

no worries here, my wife just says argh, you brought another one home. lol

She's pretty cool about it.
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I still drive/prize an 86 no Cat, no electronics, no bells and whistles, manual trans big six carbed F150 that I bought slightly used in 1989. Last year I noticed my local wrecking yard busy crushing all their stock of 80-86 vintage Ford trucks and lodged a protest. They properly/correctly noted that customers like me were getting far too rare for them to be able to afford to use up valuable re estate in catering to, and I couldn't disagree. Festivas too are strictly 'nice' cars in the eyes of the beholders and we too are becoming a rare breed.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of Festy's as daily driver's now that gas has exceeded the value of gold. But I commute 100 miles daily so I get a little more windshield time than the average Joe. Americans used to laugh at these little oddities. Now they're second guessing themselves. Also I notice a LOT of BIG suv's driving in the right lane doing 65 mph. With one person in the vehicle.
                Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                X