finally I have almost found the motherload, good true story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally I have almost found the motherload, good true story

Though not as big as the one found a few years back, I think it will be sweet.

I live in Southeast Ohio. And for about 3 years now I have been hearing of "an old guy" that has 10-12 Festivas In the next county over. Countless backroad driving looking for any Festiva, xr2, EGT, Aspire etc has netted me 3 Festivas but no old guy. Yesterday, I found a Festiva stockpiler (5 of 'em one with 496,000 miles-he has no internet) about an hour south of me while I was on Family business. What I found out from him will literally take 2 separate threads. Yes they will be worthy topics. We talked at about 9pm for about 25 minutes when he finally asked me where I lived. He said he knew the little town exactly and "your right near that old guy with about 15-20 Festivas. My butt cheecks clinched to hold back a brick.

The next part is what I can't believe. I have a visual map of the territory I have covered all over my area. This "old guy" lives about 20 minutes or so from me and I was literally planning on scoping that exact area this week or next. The man I was talking to got a few parts from "the old guy" a couple years ago but only knows the approximate mileage/direction from a commonly known address.

I have chatted with ff.com members from out of state that have heard of this collection, and also to local bigger city neighbors that don't have Festivas tell me of him when they see my car.

The weight is almost over. I am going to try tomorrow if it is not raining. I will have a camera with me just in case.
    -Bryant

Pics, lots of pics

Comment

^^x2!
      60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Quivering with anticipation. Here's hoping you get a spoiler.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Here's the thing, I already have 2 spoilers (one was free). I am very excited at the possibility of getting you guys spoilers and trays. I honestly don't need any Festy parts except swoopies and a nice Red Sport interior for one of my builds. I'm excited here for all of my Festy buddies.

My anticipation here is to make a good Festy friend, have access to lots of Festy parts not at a jy, help friends out that are in "want" of hard to find parts, and make Paul jealous of me again. I really hate being jealous of him.
          -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
            and make Paul jealous of me again. I really hate being jealous of him.
            :lol:
            I'm sure you will pull it off! I'm rooting for you! My cream puff gets better and better. When I have my festiva trio of perfection ....
            1. cream puff - 90LX with swoopys, holeys, underseat tray, B6 5 speed, aspire brake swap, ac, 15" tenzo sinko-r wheels, cruise control, power windows, power door locks, keyless entry with alarm.
            2. 89LX BP/G25MR with aspire brake swap, AC, cruise control, power windows, power door locks, keyless entry with alarm.
            3. 93GL B6t/auto with AC, cruise control, power windows, power door locks, keyless entry with alarm.

One or more of these will get the EGT power IN ROOF sunroof assembly I have.

.... then the only thing that will make me jealous is awd.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              .... then the only thing that will make me jealous is awd.
              That's it then. I'm officially changing my 91 B6T (fully modded), 4 wheel modded disc brakes, Teins or equivalent, a/c, possible p/s, EVERYTHING painted properly to look new, top secret custom mods, frame off (I know no frame on a Festiva), no holds barred build to a '91 AWD build just for you.
              -Bryant

Comment

That would be great! Nobody has pulled it off yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                  He said he knew the little town exactly and "your right near that old guy with about 15-20 Festivas. My butt cheecks clinched to hold back a brick.
                  I wonder if the elusive 20 Festiva mother lode was the one TONYCASH bought. If so, you will not find it.
                  '90 LX

Comment

After you mentioned his name I looked it up and that is the one I mentioned from the get-go in my first post in this thread. Thanks for mentioning his name I couldn't remember what it was.

Back to this post. I FOUND HIM. 40 yr old guy that used to have a paper route several years back. He "had" 17 of them but about 6 mths ago or so maybe a year he says, he lost interest in 'em and started scrapping them after he pulled parts. He is now down to seven (filled with parts from the scrapped ones) and thinks one might be a '90 LX. This guy has never had any care about Festivas. Just their mileage. All are stock. Says 2 are GL's. No wings. No Trays. Didn't get to see them because they are over the hill and it was muddy in the pouring rain. Gave me his number to call him when it is dry.

Funny thing is it is 22 minutes from my house.

3 years or searching and I found it just a few months late. So no motherload here but it sure was fun looking for it. Now on to the really important things in life, building a new Festiva again. This time I am doing it faster, with more performance, cleaner, and the most fun part, lots of custom stuff.
                    Last edited by Gomez; 05-17-2011, 01:14 PM.
                    -Bryant

Comment

You ARE still gonna check out the parts & cars he has left?:profileleft:
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Oh yes! I told him in the next couple weeks. Again he is only 20-25 minutes. And I do plan on getting all of the good stuff left. He just doesn't know it.
                        -Bryant

Comment

Working...
                        X