Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling the troops again

When did the festiva become uncool?

That question was posed on yahoo questions 8 hours ago. Google alerts let me know. I did my usual defend it to bitter end. Want to help with that?
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

You pretty much covered it!
    All I could add is " Yeah! What he said!", LOL

Lets see if anyone trys to debunk your comments......
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Good job Neanderpaul, defend and educate.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

sic em paul!
        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Thanks guys but somebody needs to back me up there!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
            Thanks guys but somebody needs to back me up there!
            yeah i know but i dont want to sign up for anything else,(to lazy) plus you have said it all & i dont care what someone else thinks (when it comes to festys that is i know they are awesome cars)
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Added my two cents worth....
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Festiva's aren't cool?:cry: I thought they were cool since gas prices went up.
                91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

I put in my $0.02 as well

Comment

I don't know man. Part of the reason I'm into Festivas is because people don't consider them cool cars. Heck, I've never thought of them as cool. When my buddy would go on about them, I would just kinda be like "ya, whatever". He wore me down until I bought his when he got into other things. Now, I think that they are "cool" from my perspective, but to me it seems more of an acquired taste. If I want a cool car I'd go out and get a CRX. haha

btw, I love the term you used Paul, "cult following", yeeah! :thumbup:

Comment

Crx's are only cool in the oe, or tastefully modified configs... As soon as people start adding copious amounts of money spent from birthday gifts consisting entirely of auto zone gift cards, or buying/installing every "jdm" part they can find, including parts that were never original anywhere, including Japan, they get stupid.

It then takes years of patience and lots of money to rebuild one of the most economical and original sports cars in history back to its original glory.

Just my (completely biased) opinion.
                      Last edited by Christ; 05-18-2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                        Festiva's aren't cool?:cry: I thought they were cool since gas prices went up.
                        Sooo which is it. lol
                        -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                          Just my (completely correct) opinion.
                          Fixed it for ya
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                            I don't know man. Part of the reason I'm into Festivas is because people don't consider them cool cars. Heck, I've never thought of them as cool. When my buddy would go on about them, I would just kinda be like "ya, whatever". He wore me down until I bought his when he got into other things. Now, I think that they are "cool" from my perspective, but to me it seems more of an acquired taste. If I want a cool car I'd go out and get a CRX. haha

btw, I love the term you used Paul, "cult following", yeeah! :thumbup:

All hail hypnotoad errhh I mean the LX.

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                              Fixed it for ya
                              Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                              X