Crazzzzzzzzzzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazzzzzzzzzzy

The new Z06 apparently after reading this post will probably be outlawed from running at any 1/4 mile track due to them being so fast STOCK that they need to have roll cages in them before they will be allowed... AmaZing! I am in awe... I want one soooo bad! -Kyle

C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 - C6Z06 Bone Stock on Drag Radials 11.31 at 126.92 - Made my inaugural passes in the C6 Z06 today at MIR in Southern Maryland. Air temperatures at race time were in the [mid-40s]; track surface temps were in the low 50s measured by my infrared laser temperature probe. Traction was decent...
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Dang! That is amazing. How much does one of those cost? Think about all of the work you can save.......build a car that runs in the 11's, or walk into the dealership and say I have money and I want one of those and BOOM you have an 11 second car!!

Thanks
    Mike
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2162509
    First known g25mr with Hydraulic clutch swap

Comment

And that's his first pass with Drag Radials on it!! I'm sure a good driver with the right conditions will get into the 10's!!! Stock!!! And get this, the Drag Radials are the CHEAPER of the tires that guy runs!! The stock Z06 tires are more expensive! So jealous... ops:

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

11.20's Stock on DR's not bad :shock: They are nice
        SS Trail blazer out now too 396 hp . vette motor AWD !!!
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by packrat427
          11.20's Stock on DR's not bad :shock: They are nice
          SS Trail blazer out now too 396 hp . vette motor AWD !!!
          Sounds like the next Tyfoon (or however you spelled it)

It sounds like this guy is really capable of getting high 10's which is flat out awesome on a stock car. Granted, some may consider the ZO6 a "modified" car but that's because they're getting beat up by them.

Many reports about the ZO6 predicted mid 11's stock. With over 500HP and a curb weight of around 2700lbs (IIRC), I'm not surprised the predictions are coming true.

One note about the tires, DR's are always going to be cheaper than Goodyear Supercar tires. Those things (the Goodyears) are like $350 each! But they're made for cornering, not the strip.

Waiting to "behold the power" of Ra...:roll:

Comment

i dont really see all the hype about the Z06, it surely is fast, but it better be at 50 grand! 50,000 could make one BADASS festiva... could put a jet engine on it for that price. seriously it is a good stock car but i'd rather see a festy get in the 11's for a fraction of the price and twice the style
            -Taylor

'89 L with a/c. thanks Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor_cook
              i dont really see all the hype about the Z06, it surely is fast, but it better be at 50 grand! 50,000 could make one BADASS festiva... could put a jet engine on it for that price. seriously it is a good stock car but i'd rather see a festy get in the 11's for a fraction of the price and twice the style
              still way cheaper than a ford gt that runs 11's stock...granted...not near as good lookin but still way cheaper

Comment

ZO6's start about $71k. The "regular" vettes are about $50. But yes, still way cheaper than the GT.

Comment

I'd take a Z06 over a Festiva that runs 11's anyday... Warranty, New car, Engineered to be that fast... And the list goes on. STREETABLE!!

Comment

^^^not me.. the insurance alone would cost more than my house note. I'd have to worry about it constantly.. I surely couldn't park it on my block without someone thinking I'm dealing drugs.. There are a hell of allot more things to consider besides the car. People think wow! I'd like to have that, but in reality they usually couldn't afford the maintenance and protection of the investment.

Comment

I agree with xpnsyd. I almost bought a Toyota MRS for my first car. The insurance alone would have been $600 a month.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Do you mean an MR2? How on earth could it be $600 a month? $600 a half is believable.

Comment

^ Lots of kids here pay close to that amount for their Civics.
                          * Retired Festiva-er*
                          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Imagine how many Festiva's you could buy for the price of a Vette!
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

Yeah but if you are talking about having a reliable, streetable supercar, that is the CHEAPEST option and close to THE BEST performance numbers. And if you are in the market for a Carrera GT or Ferrari 360 or any of the other thousand supercars, this is the smallest investment and probably the most subdued you are going to find. Also, if you can even get a Festiva to run an 11.20 it most certainly won't be streetable nor reliable.

I do realize that either way it would be expensive to upkeep and insure but if you are looking at supercars it is a few pennies. FYI, just to change the oil on a Ferrari Enzo it is $6,000... I guess it all depends what you find expensive...

Comment

Working...
                              X