Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I take advantage of this opportunity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I take advantage of this opportunity?

So my friend recently did an engine swap on his 92 Camry...The 3VZ-FE V6. He replaced one he bought that had a bad head and head gasket for the good one he has on his previous camry which had a rotted out chassis and frame damage. So he has this V6 engine just sitting in his shack that just needs TLC. I bet the parts are cheap, and all I need is the manual tranny and CV joints.

I originally wasn't going for this engine (was going with a SHO V6) but a free 185hp V6....that should be more than enough for a Festy, right?

I figured he would fab up anything that is needed....I just figured, anyone here have an N/A 185 hp festy?

I know I still have work on my car but before he junks the engine, I figured I'd get some feedback from everyone on it.

Oh, and I did some research on the engine...pretty impressive if you ask me:
    Last edited by chaosdrifter06; 05-20-2011, 12:37 PM.
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

thats a heavy engine suited to the rear of the festiva. there are n/a v6 festivas out there, and a few mazda 323 which are slightly larger but aren't that much heavier of a car. They are over 185hp and front engine mounted. User damkid has a KL swapped v6 on this forum
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Unless you are an awesome fabrication guy, I'd forget it. Nothing will line up. You could turbo a BP and get the same power for a lot less work.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
      X