Chevy Sonic or Kia Rio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy Sonic or Kia Rio

Well this year they be coming out with new models and both claim 30 city 40 hwy. Both have sexy 5 door style...though i do like the turbo option for chevy. But looks like a fully loaded kia rio 5 is about 16k?

The Rio would be a better bet.. unless you love working on your car. Then a Chevy would be perfect!
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Hard to say with the Sonic being so new. Also, shouldn't base Kia's reliability on what you've seen in our Festivas. (not sure if that was your thought)
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

in 2009 i went out set after the best car i could get for 10k sticker price brand new. i drove the hyundai, kia rio, and nissan versa, as those were the onle 3 that had a sub 10 grand sticker. the hyundai was a cheap super cramped small car. the kia was better (4door), but drove like crap, and the check engine light and some other warning lights came on on the test drive. the nissan was what i felt the best. has great seating room, headroom, and a peppy dohc 1.6l motor. i bought it, put 43k miles on it in 20 months. no regrets. its gone now, but for financial reasons.

Comment

I know you probably don't want this advice, but I wouldn't buy any first year car design unless I wanted to be a guinea pig test owner.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            I know you probably don't want this advice, but I wouldn't buy any first year car design unless I wanted to be a guinea pig test owner.

Karl
            Another pearl from Karl. I concur.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I haven't heard of a Chevy Sonic in the US before. I have heard of one overseas, though.
              Is this one a completely new to market car with the same name?
              Or is it a foreign car brought to the US?

*EDIT*
              Nevermind.. the Sonic is known as the Aveo in the US. That's where I've heard of it.
              Anyway, carry on.
              ~Austin
              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
              X