Since I couldn't get a truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I couldn't get a truck

One of the local Pull A Parts got in a 97 Aspire last Wednesday and I wanted to get there and pull all the swap stuff before it got picked over. My pickup is down at the moment so I called my brother last night to borrow his. Everything was cool until I went to get it this morning and he wasn't home. He's a truckdriver and hadn't made it in off the road yet. I really wanted to get the Aspire parts today so I said to heck with, went back home, and pulled the rear seat out of the Festy. Me and FF member Sensei pulled this stuff and and loaded it up in record time. I told him we still had plenty of room and should go back in and buy more stuff . The people in the parking lot were visibly amused by our "parts truck" :mrgreen:

I wasn't planning on buying the seats but I just couldn't pass them up

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

i once picked up a complete 351 windsor and loases it in the hatch, i think we had the full folding back seat at the time. the hill billies where laughing when they said pull my truck around to the back by the garage and they saw the festiva, there was lots of doubters but it fit like a glove had plenty of room, suspension was almost bottom out

Comment

Beast!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

That is one clean Swap!!!!
        -Bryant

Comment

nice
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
            That is one clean Swap!!!!
            We get all the good rust free stuff here in NC! Haha
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^^ YUP Plus the fact that everything is coated in a nice layer of oil. Looked like chocolate milk running out of the rear main so I'm assuming the car blew a head gasket and they continued to drive it...which also leads me to assume how it end up at PAP.

Sad because it was a nice car as far as body and interior

Love the 351 story! I told Brad (Sensei) I should throw a spare 460 block in the back of the car because it rides so well loaded down
              Last edited by Zanzer; 05-22-2011, 03:09 AM.

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

I had a B3, E trans and 2gen Taurus trans all in the back of mine once... with me and a buddy in the front seats. It squatted pretty bad but it wasn't bottomed. Also a washer and drier once, but that was with pass seat and rear seat removed. And 250 pizzas, twice in one day lol.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I use one of mine like a truck all the time. Should be alot better with the Aspire swap done. Mine looks like it will haul more stuff now. lol
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Desperate time call for desperate measures I wasn't crazy about hauling the rear beam in the back because ultimately I want to restore this car to some of it's former glory....but I REALLY wanted to get those parts too Plus now I have all the parts to do the swap on both my 93's so I don't have to feel like I'm neglecting one of the kids LOL

The suspension was squatted pretty good but it no issues going down I-40 @ 80mph

I can't wait to swap them. The white car rides awesome (in a straight line) already but the body roll kills it and the brakes SUCK. I'll be doing the blue 93 first though because it's going to be my Jersey car.

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

What are the Seats out of?
                      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Clean swap indeed! I loaded a 580 lb mercedes inline 5 cylinder turbo diesel in the back of mine once. No sweat. Drove around for 3 days like that.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                          What are the Seats out of?
                          2000 Mercury Cougar

It was sitting in line right beside the Aspire. When we opened the door and saw the seats I was like "those are going home with me!"
                          Last edited by Zanzer; 05-22-2011, 02:30 PM.

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

was the aspire manual? i know someone looking for a trans.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

hey atleast you took care of business and got what you needed. you deserve an "at a boy!"

Comment

Working...
                              X