A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C

I have a 93 Festiva and love it except now that it is warming up it is hard to go to work in a suit and tie without A/C. Has anyone every added A/C to your Festiva and how hard is the addition? Also, where would a guy by one........salvage yard, etc?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards

Rod

I just bought a parts car with the compressor, condenser, lines and I think wiring.

Don't know if any of it is good but I won't need it if you would be interested.

Comment

Rod, I've done and thought the same thing (well, except the suit and tie, t-shirt and jeans here ) I've been looking for a parts car, so I can aquire other items as well, but apparently, there are no parts cars in Oklahoma.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
        Rod, I've done and thought the same thing (well, except the suit and tie, t-shirt and jeans here ) I've been looking for a parts car, so I can aquire other items as well, but apparently, there are no parts cars in Oklahoma.
        I just bought this car two days ago in Oklahoma.

Comment

Is it the blue one east of Muskogee? Missing the ignition, distributor, etc?
          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Is it the blue one east of Muskogee? Missing the ignition, distributor, etc?
            Looked at that one. I decided to pick up his parts car $20. I really just wanted a hood off it but pick up the whole thing.

My brother inlaw was looking at the blue one. Real clean. Looked like an oil leak from the valve cover. Once started up quite a bit of white smoke from the tail pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by fourchimneysfarm View Post
              I have a 93 Festiva and love it except now that it is warming up it is hard to go to work in a suit and tie without A/C. Has anyone every added A/C to your Festiva and how hard is the addition? Also, where would a guy by one........salvage yard, etc?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards

Rod
              Originally posted by festfull View Post
              I just bought this car two days ago in Oklahoma.
              Guys ....how bout adding your location in your profile....helps a lot when help is needed or you are selling stuff....plus we like to see where to acquire new parts when needed....lol
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^^^^ yeah, what he said
                Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                Projects in the works:
                84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Added a location to my info.

I guess when I signed up I couldn't add my location at that time. Is that right?

Comment

Added a location to my info.

I guess when I signed up I couldn't add my location at that time. Is that right?
                    hmmmmm....not sure about that. But either way now all we need is your sleep schedule and your routine so we can help you end your problems.....hehehehe
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                      hmmmmm....not sure about that. But either way now all we need is your sleep schedule and your routine so we can help you end your problems.....hehehehe
                      Sleep is for babies and old people.

Comment

Sleep is for babies and old people.
                        lol... although I am getting old I agree with you...look at my sig.
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        I will sleep when I die!

Comment

So, does it have a good rear bumper? I'll give the OP 1st dibs on the A/C but I want 2nds.

Once I get my car going, we ought to hook up in Silly Water with the Tulsa area guys. Meet for breakfast on a Saturday, then run down to a buddies shop in Ripley, he's got a bunch of cool old Fords if any of you all are into that. Maybe we can measure a 427 Hammer to see if it'll fit in a Festiva.....
                          2005 Accord - wife's DD
                          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

So, does it have a good rear bumper? I'll give the OP 1st dibs on the A/C but I want 2nds.

Once I get my car going, we ought to hook up in Silly Water with the Tulsa area guys. Meet for breakfast on a Saturday, then run down to a buddies shop in Ripley, he's got a bunch of cool old Fords if any of you all are into that. Maybe we can measure a 427 Hammer to see if it'll fit in a Festiva.....
                            Not sure on the bumper. The car was sitting on an old rotting tree stump. The ground was giving a little as I walked around the car. I was more interested in the hood. I'll check everything out and let you know.

We should meet up some time.

Comment

Is the car at your place yet?
                              2005 Accord - wife's DD
                              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                              X