• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Ford Festiva is more than a car.

It is a mindset (Madness)

It is a community

It is fun
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Susan, how is it going with the car?
      1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
      1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
      Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
      website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Originally posted by SusanVette View Post
        I'm looking for advice. Took my Festy to the mechanic. I need a lot of work after letting her sit for so long, ugh. Mainly he told me to search for "shift linkage bushings" as all of mine are gone. He said buy them all. Then while it starts right up, he said after 3 starts, it won't start again so a battery. A clutch down the road (never replaced before, I think is pretty cool as a girl that I know how to drive and not ruin it). Head gasket, water pump and fuel filter all at some point. But to make it road worthy, I need the bushings. Do you think it's worth putting this much into this old 90 Festy? Would appreciate your feedback. I can't post in the WANTED since I don't have enough previous posts. I was hoping you could help me find at least the bushings and not get ripped off. Thanks for ANY help.
        Susan
        Susan....you have been a member more then long enough to post in the for sale section. The number of posts does not pertain to you. It only matters for new members until they have enough posts or been on long enough. Plus ....like Fresh said....the Mod of that section is a really nice guy and if asked nicely...he lets most slide. lol
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I'm in Orlando. I can help!
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
            I'm in Orlando. I can help!
            Good deal. Hope you can get her back on the road. Festiva FTW and flyin4stroke FTW!
            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Just 45 minutes from Orlando, and I can help too. Do NOT take it to that mechanic. There are alot of locals that will help.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

yellow festy

Oh yea, I love a yellow festiva. I bought mine new in 90 and never get tired of it.

Comment

Susan, plenty of help here and around you. I bought my yellow Festiva in Cali and had it shipped to South Dakota. DON'T SELL!! REFURBISH!!! It will last.
                  Chuck
                  Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                  If money will fix it, it's not broken
                  91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                  93 GL - Lil Red
                  91 L - Tweetystiva
                  http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                  http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

So much great information here. He has my car, says to order the bushings and he'll put them in. So with all this info, buy from NAPA, order all six from China with group purchase, where should I go just to buy the six bushings? Does NAPA carry them typically? He said either way, even if I end up selling it, I'll want to fix the bushings, so here I am. Should I go to NAPA and be done with it? Hey Yelo Festy, mine is a very bright yellow. When I get it back, I'll post a pic of both of us, giggle. Thanks everyone for your help. I feel so helpless and now stupid for asking which is the best way to go. I can't take the car back, he's got it at his home. He's been my mechanic for about eight years on other vehicles. He read all this great info, too, but said it isn't as easy as you all make it out to be. Goodness. He's a good guy. I trust him. Thank you SO much each and every one of you.
                    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                      KEEP IT!!! Get the bushings from NAPA , alot cheaper than Mazda. The only parts you may need to get at Mazda are GJ21-46-041 Solid Linkage Bushing & B092-46-047 Bushing Sleeve/Tube. I just did mine & they make a world of difference. If you have no one to do it for you don't pay more than $50. at the mech. takes less than an hour on a lift.
                      i did mine in about 45 minutes without a lift
                      91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

Originally posted by SusanVette View Post
                        So with all this info, buy from NAPA, order all six from China with group purchase, where should I go just to buy the six bushings? Does NAPA carry them typically?
                        NAPA has them, sometimes takes a day to get them, but the part number is : ATM 0771303

Originally posted by SusanVette
                        He read all this great info, too, but said it isn't as easy as you all make it out to be.
                        Maybe he isn't used to working on front wheel drive cars? But really, two sets of bushings are very simple, just take out two bolts, pop the bushings in, and reinstall the bolt. The front set can be a little more difficult if it has the welded style pin instead of a bolt going through them. But still, for an experienced mechanic should not be more than an hour job, especially if he has a lift (I can do them in less than an hour on jackstands rolling in the dirt )
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Don't you get tired of THIS girl asking stupid questions. I'm sure there are women who are really good at this kind of stuff. Anyway, I THANK YOU all again. I just called NAPA and they have a set of four (or I can buy individually) and I had to order them, be in tomorrow. So the bushings are all four the same? I thought there were six different ones. Anyway, buying four of the same at $1.49 each plus whatever mechanic charges which I'll report back here, lol. Hope I did this right. Buy four of the same bushing, not six. You guys are wonderful, thanks again for helping. I wish I'd taken some sort of auto mechanics when I was in school, it sure would help. Well maybe not, me, giggle. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                          X