BPT pistons in a BP block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPT pistons in a BP block?

Hey guys I was wondering if the BPT pistons will connect to BP rods and can I use them. My brother is building his BPT with new race pistons and he gave me is old BPT pistons which have around 35,000 miles on them. I'm going to use them in my BP block and probably go turbo in the future. Just wondering is there is anything I should know. Im gonna get the block honed and the pistons fitted with new rings.
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

So I guess nobody knows?

Comment

I read but don't know. But I do know sarcasm will get you nowhere with this bunch.
      -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
        I read but don't know. But I do know sarcasm will get you nowhere with this bunch.

Not sure what your talking about. I simply asked a question. How was I being sarcastic?

Comment

Buy new pistons don't use old ones or if you can't afford the new pistons just save up it's worth it in the end.
          BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

whats the differences in bp and bpt block? are you better off saving for the whole bpt long block. Does the bpt have oil squirters and the regular bp not?
            :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
              So I guess nobody knows?
              4 1/2 hours after the original post while most people are still at work. I would seem you are being really impatient. Not trying to argue, it's just the way it came across to me.
              -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by postman101 View Post
                Buy new pistons don't use old ones or if you can't afford the new pistons just save up it's worth it in the end.
                Ok, do you know if the pistons will fit the BP rods or do I need to get H-beams?

Comment

Originally posted by mckabe View Post
                  whats the differences in bp and bpt block? are you better off saving for the whole bpt long block. Does the bpt have oil squirters and the regular bp not?
                  I have no idea. If I had to guess I'd say the only diffrence between the BP block and the BPT is the oil squirters and the oil return tap for the turbo. The BPT block is still good and that's what my brother is using for his build. He was just going to throw is old pistons away (still being in good shape with low miles) and go to 84mm pistons with 9:5.1 compression.

I was just wondering pretty much if his old pistons are usuable and can they be installed on the BP rods without trouble.

Comment

bore size is the same between blocks, and if it helps, the BPze block also has squirters (miata block). i don't see why they wouldn't fit because IIRC the rod pins are the same diameter as well.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I believe the only diff was compression and the oil squirters, don't quote me on that though
                      Owner of:
                      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                      In progress:
                      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

My BP engine has the oil squirters, so the only difference really is compression. You might as well take the pistons if he is throwing them away until you do your turbo swap. If nothing else you can always try to sell them down the road.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                          bore size is the same between blocks, and if it helps, the BPze block also has squirters (miata block). i don't see why they wouldn't fit because IIRC the rod pins are the same diameter as well.
                          This is exactly the info I was after. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
                            My BP engine has the oil squirters, so the only difference really is compression. You might as well take the pistons if he is throwing them away until you do your turbo swap. If nothing else you can always try to sell them down the road.
                            Since they are low mileage I figured they could be used with a good hone and re-ring them. I mean my block is missing the head and I have nothing better to do so why not clean the block up and add some nice forged pistons. It will save me money down the road, hopefully.

Comment

the bpt pistons and regular bp pistons are the same material fyi... cast... ftl...
                              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X