Man I love my Festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I love my Festy

So I've had my '93 GL for about 4 months now. This little guy is great its consistenly getting 40 mpg no problem but it gave me a suprise yesterday. To date it hadn't been hot enough to really need the A/C. It was missing the belt and I hadn't messed with it but its getting warmer. So I buy a belt and put it on there and it blows somewhat cool and then goes warm. So I try and fill it and it wouldn't take anything and was showing it was full. So I figure I have an issue and just leave it at that. Go to pick up my 4 year old from the sitter in quote his "favorite car" and I flip the A/C on just for kicks. It blows hot for just a second then it starts getting cooler and cooler and by the time I get there I have full on A/C. I paid $1000 for the little guy and from what I have seen around and on here I get a smoking deal on it for the condition. I need to put some pics up for you guys to see because I think this is the best little car ever. I love my Festy!!
    1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Originally posted by crusher773 View Post
    I need to put some pics up for you guys to see because I think this is the best little car ever. I love my Festy!!
    Yes you do. Yes it is. Your love will only grow!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I love mine alot and it doesn't have anything at all right now! No engine, no nothing!
      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

lets see those pics!
        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

cant wait to see glad to here we have another brother
          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Very cool...(pun intended, lol). When you first checked it were you just sitting still in the drive? If so that is why you felt it get warmer....it needs the outside air movement to help keep it cooled to max benefit. Congrats.....

Get pics up or I will have to confiscate your car!!....lol
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Gotta love those festys I noticed you are from Louisburg I'm from Paola if you need a hand working on that Festy just let me know always good to know of other festy owners close by
              Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Festi♥a.
                1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Yeah I'll try and get some up of it this week. Thanks muddevil. I am going to be doing a teardown here in a couple weeks and doing a water pump, head gasket and timing belt.
                  1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

Working...
                  X