Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it still existed, and you had the money, would you do the Cannonball Run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it still existed, and you had the money, would you do the Cannonball Run?

I always liked the idea of the Cannonball Run. Even though it was illegal at times (hey, if you wanna go that fast and risk tickets that's your fault) I thought it was a fun concept. Would you guys enter it if you had the means, if there was a prize at stake, etc?
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

it kind of does still exist, theres a race called one lap america, held annually. it starts in the midwest, and you go to 6 or 8 different race tracks, where you race one lap around the track and then pack up and go to the next track. all has to be completed on one set of tires, and they give you enough time to drive the speed limit from track to track. total miles of racing is something like 3700 or so.

Comment

Yeah but I'm assuming you have to throw down a lot of money to get into that race to get into all of the race tracks. From what I recall the Cannonball Run was all for glory and times.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

^^ x2 A friend of mine's Father used to run in it.

If you just want to go fast enter the Silver State Classic
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

^ bingo!
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

when i watched Bullrun i thought the festiva would be the best contender. I think a boosted festiva would have the best advantage for a couple of reasons

1. Its not flash and no one suspects, if the cops where to see a speeding mustang,corvette or Ferrari there most likely to pull one of them over and not a festiva ( i have proven this therory)
            2. Gas mileage, a boosted festiva can get 35+ mpg and wont have to stop and fill up as much, espically if you add a fuel cell.
            3. Its just as fast, i think a boosted festiva can take on most of those cars, maybe get beat a little but it has more advantages then the others.
            4. has awesome handling with the short wheel base, this would come in handy for challenges.
            5. its the cheapest

im sure theres more

Comment

Bullrun you can get disqualified or penalized for speeding as I saw on one episode.
              Current cars:

Comment

After reading through the race rules I think someone should enter a Festiva in the Silver State Classic "Touring Class" or "Grand Touring Class"

Touring Class (Speed classes: 95, 100, 105, 110 mph)

Stock street cars with regular 3-point seatbelts may be run in this class. A hand held fire extinguisher must be fitted, while gloves and Snell approved motorsports helmets must be worn by drivers and navigators. First-time drivers must run in this class unless they have appropriate motorsports experience. At no time may the car exceed the Tech Speed of 124 mph (200 km/h).

Grand Touring Class (Speed classes: 115, 120, 125 mph)

In addition to a handheld fire extinguisher, gloves and Snell helmets, the car must be fitted with 5-point or 6-point harnesses and (from 2007) window nets or arm restraints for the driver and navigator (if present). Open cars must have a rollbar fitted. At no time may the car exceed the Tech Speed of 140 mph (230 km/h).

Those are pretty easy requirements to meet and they say Saturns run in the event. Wouldn't you love to see the look on participants faces when you rolled up in a Festy? :mrgreen:
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                X