Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I miss this thread? (diesel festiva)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I miss this thread? (diesel festiva)

I don't remember ever seeing this posted. That motor is too small to be ultra efficient (ven says in the video he's flooring it in order for it to accelerate any) but man does that thing sound wicked! I still want to build the 650 idea that either PU241 or SafetyGuy brought up a while back, with a B3 running on two cylinders. We'll see lol.

Oh here's the vid:

1992 Ford Festiva with a Yanmar 2 cylinder diesel engine. Please view my other, more recent videos for many interesting Diesel Festiva problems and solutions...
    No festiva for me ATM...

Yes this has been around for a while, i believe FB71 and Pu241 are conspiring to build a Diesel Festiva, you might want to talk with them for more info.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Oh, I know they are... and have been. Way back before you even joined But have they done it? No lol. I have no doubt that they will though. I think it was Karl though that was thinking about sticking with regular gas and running on two cylinders. But that was a while ago too
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Running a four cylinder on two is hardly efficient. Think of all the excess drag of two dead cyls.

I'd recommend a visit to ecomodder.com
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Well, its more of an experiment anyway, since I have a spare motor in the basement to play with. And if I do it I'll eliminate the valvetrain for the two dead cyls and also leave out the spark plugs (probably even open the plug holes up a bit) so there wouldn't be compression to fight (something my "3 cylinder" didn't have the luxury of). Its from an Aspire so it has the tube manifold so it won't take much to cut/weld up the spare exhaust runners and be working on a manifold that only feeds two cylinders as well. Just for the heck of it mainly lol. Not really expecting it to have any superpowers, just want to make it work lol.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yank the pistons and rods, chop of the counterweights, awe heck just saw half of it off Smokey style.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
              Yes this has been around for a while, i believe FB71 and Pu241 are conspiring to build a Diesel Festiva, you might want to talk with them for more info.
              Super secret project!

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              I don't remember ever seeing this posted. That motor is too small to be ultra efficient (ven says in the video he's flooring it in order for it to accelerate any) but man does that thing sound wicked! I still want to build the 650 idea that either PU241 or SafetyGuy brought up a while back, with a B3 running on two cylinders. We'll see lol.

Oh here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPuv_...eature=related
              Posted a few times.
              Would be OK for city driving, but not enough HP for highway.
              No, not mine or Safety Guy's idea, that was Dave G.
              I actually have that engine in my garage.

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              Oh, I know they are... and have been. Way back before you even joined But have they done it? No lol. I have no doubt that they will though. I think it was Karl though that was thinking about sticking with regular gas and running on two cylinders. But that was a while ago too
              Engine arrived from Cali some time ago, have festiva(S) for transplant. Just need time.
              Think resuwreaked has already done via a VW diesel engine.

2 cylinder 1.3 aka 650 was Dave G idea.

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Running a four cylinder on two is hardly efficient. Think of all the excess drag of two dead cyls.

I'd recommend a visit to ecomodder.com
              True, he was trying to minimize the drag of those two none functioning cylinders. to help with that.

Second the ecomodder.com visit.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
              X