just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wondering

hay guys since i can get my car started i was wondering if the are any relays sensors or anything like that would cause no spark any ideas

Just pull the coil wire off ! Seems like I do that every time I check my tranny fluid !
    New build on the way .

Comment

just did a check and im not getting power to the coil the plug that plugs into it i checked both wires with a test light and nothing any ideas

heres another one for ya when i crank the car or just turn the key on i get no power to the coil wire but if u turn the key on i get power to it now what is going on with that

ok i have 2 icm i tryed both of them still not power when u turn the key to the on but there is power with it off

Comment

Just wondering

Perhaps you could check the grammatical punctuation link.

Comment

alright look i know my grammer sucks but im in no mood for this im so close to fixing my car i dont car if yall hate my grammer deal with it thanks

Comment

Run a wire from battery + to the positive side of the coil, then crank the car normally, using the key. If it starts, diagnose the coil power circuit.

Comment

^ yup!!!
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

tried that and still nothing

Comment

If you powered the coil directly and still nothing, it's probably a short in the ignition switch. Not the key, the actual switch. Look in your Haynes... If you don't own one, stop asking questions until you get one.

What diagnostic steps have you taken thus far?

Comp check?
                  Fuel pressure?
                  Plugs wet after cranking?
                  Vacuum at the intake while cranking? (check with your hand)..

Comment

i do have an owners manual thank u i have replaced the icm the coil cleaned all the trminals fuel pump works cleaned all grounds and still nothing

anyone know how i can bypass the ignition switch to get it to start i tried hooking up a starter button but it didnt work and yes i had the clutch in

Comment

Check the ten pin connector under the battery man ! And ck no wait ! Remove and clean all the grounds ! !! And are you sure there is no spark ,just unplug a plug wire and if you get really mad then spark is not the problem !!
                      New build on the way .

Comment

The only two components I saw in my diagrams for coil 12v+ is the main fuse and ignition switch. If you have power through the main fuse I would check the ignition switch and if that test good then look for a break in the wiring somewhere.

Comment

I don't recall saying anything about an owners manual, nor do I need attitude from the guy asking for help and threatening to scrap, sell, or otherwise disregard his car every couple days.

Thank you.

Finish the list of checks I pointed out for you. Diagnosis is how you fix a car, not swapping and replacing parts, except when the easiest way to test something is to swap it for a known good part.

The three things you should be concerned with are fuel, cylinder pressure, and spark. Those are what run an engine. Once you determine that one of those things isn't there, or isn't there right when it needs to be, THEN you determine WHY, and fix the problem. Stop guessing and just do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                            If you powered the coil directly and still nothing, it's probably a short in the ignition switch. Not the key, the actual switch. Look in your Haynes... If you don't own one, stop asking questions until you get one.

What diagnostic steps have you taken thus far?

Comp check?
                            Fuel pressure?
                            Plugs wet after cranking?
                            Vacuum at the intake while cranking? (check with your hand)..

so u didnt say this

ok how do i test the switch

and christ i did check all those nothing worng there i get no spark untill i let off the key on quick jolt i know cause i hold the wire

Comment

According to shopkey you have a white wire giving the switch power and the wire that gives power should be black with a white stripe. I'm not sure if the colors are different I was searching for a '90.

Comment

Working...
                              X