festy trailer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festy trailer.

I have a 90 parts car that the floor pans rotted out, and has been deemed unload worthy. So instead of scrapping the entire shell, I could really use a small trailer. Solution, cut it in half and make a trailer out of it.. I've got a game plan, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for some imput. Advice from someone whose done it or any good ideas.
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

Gforcefd had one he was working on that looked pretty cool. Also, I believe Tulsacarman made a sweet one as well. I'll have to see if I can find links for you
    Edit: Here's Tulsacarman's..

And here's some of Gforcefd's...(scroll down about halfway)

I know there are more out there, but those are the two I remember. Post pics of your progress!! I always love seeing these trailers being made
    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM.
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Tulsacarman's is awesome.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

My idea is closer to gforcefd.
        Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
        93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
        93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
        15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

This is what I've always envisioned.

But really this makes the most sense.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I like both options!

Comment

You could make one of those into a mini camper as well! That would be neat!
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Cut it at the front door hinges, and build the trailer from there. Leave the rear axle in place, because the amount of weight you can pull probably won't require a class 3 hitch anyway, and the able in its stock location will help distribute the load between the trailer and your cars rear suspension.

With real heavy loads, this isn't desirable, but you're not carrying a car in there, either.

The axle further back will reduce sway, as well. Be sure when you load it up to load the heaviest items in the rear.

Replace the windshield glass or tint all the glass, etc.

Personally, I'd make the windshield out of coroplast, make it lift up, and put a partition inside so the area from the firewall to the windshields roof edge was a storage/tool compartment.
                Last edited by Christ; 06-08-2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Paul, I like that top one (more stability and it looks way cooler
                  Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                  89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                  Projects in the works:
                  84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

NEANDERPAUL I Photoshopped the same picture from Google identical to that top one you did, I wanted to make it into a tear drop camper trailer. Would be sweet, but heavy to pull I would think.

Comment

Working...
                    X