Buyers guide festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyers guide festiva

What should I look for when buying a festiva? ANY specific problems with this cars i should look for?
    Our lady of blessed acceleration dont fail us now!

meh besides what you would look for in searching for any car (smoke, dents, ext..) a festiva is pretty straight forward. the engine is to simple to have any thing special go wrong with it.

only thing i have noticed is that wheel bearings seem to go after a couple 10k miles specially if you go over 60-70 allot :roll:
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Yeah the wheel bearings seem to be very common problems actually...
      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Especially the rear wheel bearings.

Also check for rust in strut towers and corrosion on hard brake lines.

Then do the usual stuff you'd do for any other cars.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yes...watch the bearings, especially the rear. They do go bad quite often surprisingly. ALSO...make sure they have the Brass locking nuts on them with a notch punched into the well. MAKE sure you don't have some POS fiber filled nut like mine had (Didn't catch that until it was too late). I drove to San Antonio from Wichita KS (^%) miles one way) and about 30 miles from San Antonio, my drivers side failed and the rollers pretty much melted onto the spindle. Not good. Check your bearings often.
          I have the old spindle and it makes for a cool paper weight now.
          Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

I hear about wheel bearings going out often, but either I'm lucky or all of you are unlucky.

On my first Festiva, it logged 300,000 miles and never needed a rear wheel bearing replaced. I did change out the front passenger side one somewhere around 225,000. And I did a ton of 75mph interstate driving with this car.

My current Festiva has just about 130,000 and I've never replaced any of them.

My dad has one with about 160,000, and he has never had to replace one either.

The things I have replaced often are mufflers and CV joint boots. Other that that they pretty much just go forever.

Comment

My dad and I has never had any wheel bearings go bad.. *knocks on wood*. The one thing I would check is the exhaust. The 91 exhaust seems to be worse of all the years we've had. Look at the front driveline.. tie rods, steering rack boots and ball joints. If any of those don't look like they been replaced.. do it.
              91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
              X