Painting...Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting...Help please

i seen some painted rocketcovers? the metal thing with spark plugs in it, iv taken it off to replace the seal so i thought while its like that to clean it and paint it i went to supercheap and got some 3M heat proof 650'c spray paint ... i know its noob but whats it mean to cure it at 200'c? and how do i do this in a safe way???

thanks for the help
    Omg a Dingo stole my festiva! Jks i own a 1993 red festy and its a damn Monster!

It means it has to be baked at that temperature before the paint is fully dry. It will probably reach that temp on the car running.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
      It means it has to be baked at that temperature before the paint is fully dry. It will probably reach that temp on the car running.
      can i throw it in the oven at all??
      Omg a Dingo stole my festiva! Jks i own a 1993 red festy and its a damn Monster!

Comment

Dont do that. the fumes may never go away and you dont want your next b-day cake smelling like paint.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
          Dont do that. the fumes may never go away and you dont want your next b-day cake smelling like paint.
          haha thanks...is there a place i can go to then at all ?? or just light up my wood fire stove out side??

Comment

Use the barbecue
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Use the barbecue
              Sweet thank, looks like i need gas now, for how long 15 mins? 30mins? and hour or two?? soz first time iv tryed doing this

Comment

Should be on the can mate, curing it in the oven (or barby) will help the paint resist any chemicals (petrol, oil, cleaning products) and prevent cracking/flaking. Just read the can a few times before you give it a crack, just to be sure.
                All the best!
                Oh and pics please when your done
                60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Originally posted by ELUSIVE View Post
                  Should be on the can mate, curing it in the oven (or barby) will help the paint resist any chemicals (petrol, oil, cleaning products) and prevent cracking/flaking. Just read the can a few times before you give it a crack, just to be sure.
                  All the best!
                  Oh and pics please when your done
                  cheers , yeah iv been taking pic's of the steps iv been taking half way done ill do the rest tomorrow its bloody cold atm should i take it out of the "fuel" so it dosent crack over night?
                  thanks for all the help every one

Comment

Use the barbecue
                    Don't use barbecue sauce tho.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

200*C = 392*F I dont think you want you car that hot!!!!
                      Chuck
                      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                      If money will fix it, it's not broken
                      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                      93 GL - Lil Red
                      91 L - Tweetystiva
                      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        Don't use barbecue sauce tho.
                        but...i wanna..awww kill joy

Comment

Working...
                        X