muffler choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muffler choice?

hey, Im looking into buying a muffler (fart can) and Im not sure whats good, what are you running, Ill be using 2.5 inlet, with a euro body kit that will need moded.

thanks -dan
    1991 stiva.

Someone here was suppose to post a video of a magnaflow muffler
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Don't run a fart can. You'll give us a bad reputation.

Get a full case muffler like a dynomax or magnaflow.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

^^^^x2!!!!
        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

I use one of these cause it was the cheapest thing I could find. Even after making it turbo back 2.5" and no cat it's still really quiet, a bit too quiet for my taste.http://www.amazon.com/Flowtech-50052.../dp/B0002M9PA2
          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

If you want a fart can, why do you care about quality?
            Oscar

Comment

how about just run a piece of 2.5 inch pipe right out... works fine

try it and if its to loud THEN put in a muffler... its worth a try.....
              Last edited by sasquatch; 06-17-2011, 12:15 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Im looking into a Quality muffler not a straight pipe, and I only use the phrase Fart can, I could do the full case muffler as well and run a tip.
                1991 stiva.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  Don't run a fart can. You'll give us a bad reputation.

Get a full case muffler like a dynomax or magnaflow.

lol you do realize you drive a festiva right... people already laugh
                  1991 stiva.

Comment

I've got this one along with a resonator and it sounds pretty good.
                    http://tinyurl.com/3hu2xmk
                    Mine's mounted upside down with a good portion of the tip cut off
                    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 06-17-2011, 05:47 AM.
                    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I'll stick with my Magnaflow's. They look like a Stainless Steel stock muffler with duel outlets. It is a bit odd looking at first when you are used to seeing a bent straw sticking out from under the bumper.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I was thinking of trying a dynomax vt but I'm Not sure if I want it wide open when I'm on it. I don't like to attract that much attention.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

A fart can doesn't matter when you have a powerful engine to back up the grawl. Im going with a mandrel bent 2 1/4 inch straight pipe exhaust with a nice tip. I havent ran a festy yet that had a cat and muffler.
                          Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 06-17-2011, 07:04 PM.
                          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Working...
                          X