Saw a Neon-based Trike today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a Neon-based Trike today

So this guy took the front end of a motorcycle, mashed it with a tube frame to the front end of a Dodge Neon and even bondoed up the rear end of the Neon to fit on the back (where the cab would have started)!

I thought it was a pretty cool idea and wanted to share it here.

Oh, sorry. No pictures
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Puttin together parts and pieces now for a similar winter project....my own T-Rex...Reverse trike

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

:dontknow: When are you going to realize....no pics...it didn't happen....was not really there....you were hallucinating.......LOL
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Exactly, this thread is useless without pics!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

One of the nicer homebru reverse trikes I've found..
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krduThXOtEA

Is the thing you found anything like these?

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Quick google search found this on a neon forum. Not sure if it's the right one, but still comical.

BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Yuk...If that's it, I defiantly misunderstood his description

Comment

I think I've seen a setup like that around these parts. Wasn't quite as nice as James' example though.
                -Donny
                -1992 Festiva GL
                B6D/E-series.
                -1991 GL
                BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by jamesmc View Post
                  Quick google search found this on a neon forum. Not sure if it's the right one, but still comical.

Please gouge my eyes out now.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I've got the rear of an xs1100 that I thought about doing this (reverse trike) with. Probably going to use a VW front end.
                    Last edited by Christ; 06-19-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

130hp? IRS? Rear steering? It's the ultimate in performance trike! :geek:
                      -Donny
                      -1992 Festiva GL
                      B6D/E-series.
                      -1991 GL
                      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

^it's still a NEON and the LCA vertical bushings are shot in it (always).

oh yeah, and it's a neon....
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Useless or not, this thread was definitely less disturbing without pics :-P
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                            Useless or not, this thread was definitely less disturbing without pics :-P
                            lol x2!
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Haha, well...

It was almost exactly like the one James posted... A lot shorter and a lot more bare bones-ish.
                              -Zack
                              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
                              X