Aspire parts car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire parts car.

Bought myself an aspire parts car for 400 dollars today.

Going to do a full suspension swap. The Australian festy's are carb so im going to do a full carb to efi swap. Then im going to sell the body to the junk yard and make about 200 on that and sell the tranny another 100-150 on that. Ill be very busy these holidays.

Nick.

ps IM SO EXCITED!!!!!
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Originally posted by NicholasJackson View Post
    Bought myself an aspire parts car for 400 dollars today.

Going to do a full suspension swap. The Australian festy's are carb so im going to do a full carb to efi swap. Then im going to sell the body to the junk yard and make about 200 on that and sell the tranny another 100-150 on that. Ill be very busy these holidays.

Nick.

ps IM SO EXCITED!!!!!
    Sounds like fun, make sure and take lots of pics!

ps, it's a holiday?

Comment

I will certainly be taking a lot of photo's. Ive had 4 months of university and i get a months holidays this friday. Trying so hard to focus for my exams but all i can do is think about my festiva.

EDIT: oh and here's a photo http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=300567044244
      Last edited by NicholasJackson; 06-20-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

keep the trans! good to have a spare and the "aspire" trans is geared for better acceleration.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

hey nic,what part of the coast are you?im at the back of nerang,(mt nathan).would like to see your project when its finished,i would llike to do the same thing.cheers jas.

Comment

Hey mate yeah i live in mermaid beach, my project is a bit all over the place at the moment still living in brisbane at the moment for uni so i havent touched my festiva for a good couple of months. Ill be crazy busy when i get this second gen festiva. We should have a mini meet when we get our festiva's ready. Theres a bloke who lives down in cooly on this forum.

And FestYboy I already have two g series' one f series and a e series hahah i dont need anymore. Plus if i sell it i can make up for what i spend buying the car.

Comment

yeah should have a mini meet.we can probably meet up with the aspire guys (i think theres a couple from around here) and have a mini cruise.

Comment

mini meet for sure. obtaining my licence and a job so my build can start.

Comment

That would be sick! I really want a rolling chassis in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

the aspire rolling or your festy ? and i measured up an engine 2 weeks ago and i think it might fit.. its the ecotec out of a holden.. there only 160 by 160 and it would fit snug if i relocate the radiator ^_^

Comment

Rolling festy. Ecotech hey. What model? Have you thought about wiring OBD system? Eco tech that's an expensive engine. Im a bit skeptical, hope you can prove me wrong!

Comment

yeah i think the engine will fit but i dont know where the gear box is going to go.. i need to jack a vx commodore up and measure absolutely everything.. if it fits i got me a stock 200hp v6 festy ^__^ if not then ima head up your way and see your swap before i do anything.

Comment

From what i have measured the closest part of the white plastic top case will be level with my radiator.. giving about 80 mm for the new radiator.. but i can drag that forward anyways.. the next problem is the airbox.. takes up more room than the engine itself.. from these pictures and measuring up it looks like it could fit..

Comment

mate that would be a bloody weapon on the road.lining up against other cars were the driver wouldnt even look at you twice only to see you leave them for dead.the look on there face at the next set of lights would be priceless!sux shit just got chopped by a festy......

Comment

Working...
                            X