Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free 5-gallon of synthetic motor oil (rebate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free 5-gallon of synthetic motor oil (rebate)

i know its not technically free... but if you take the time to send the rebate in it is. The company seems pretty cool too. American based "green" company.

Link doesn't work mate

I seen "recycled" oil at Napa that Valvoline sells. I asked my buddy who managers the store if it's suppose to be any good. He says I wouldn't buy it, it's been on display for 2 weeks and not 1 person has bought a quart lol
    Last edited by M3NTAL; 06-24-2011, 02:22 PM.
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
      Link doesn't work mate

I seen "recycled" oil at Napa that Valvoline sells. I asked my buddy who managers the store if it's suppose to be any good. He says I wouldn't buy it, it's been on display for 2 weeks and not 1 person has bought a quart lol
      Is it API certified?

Not going sound good, but sometime the question has to be asked.
      How does a store manager knows if a product is good or bad if no one has bought it!

Recycled oil can be anything from a quick filtration to a full blown redistillation and reformulation process. So what process has the oil in question been through?
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Here's the real question, would you pay the same amount for recycled oil as would non recycled ?

He's been manager for 20 years I personally care what his opinion is. And my
        Motor builder.
        Last edited by M3NTAL; 06-24-2011, 05:12 PM.
        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

there is the correct link. i dont know how to edit my first post

its not recycled.

Comment

I some similar to this on sale at AZ one day. I can't see a reason to buy it. No savings.

I get the whole recycle and save the earth and our resources, but don't charge me more to do it. I am already saving some by driving a Festiva that gets way better gas mileage than even some of the so called fuel efficient and green vehicles being produced. Sheesh.

http://http://www.safety-kleen.com/p.../EcoPower.aspx
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
              I am already saving some by driving a Festiva that gets way better gas mileage than even some of the so called fuel efficient and green vehicles being produced. Sheesh.

Excellent point... would be interesting to find out what the green/save the earth non-profit CEO's are driving and track their charter jet travels.

Comment

You would be driving a E63 AMG If you had the money too!
                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                  You would be driving a E63 AMG If you had the money too!
                  No I wouldn't, I like BMW's. I would have another e28 Alpina B7. Or maybe a B9 e34?
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I guess we're starting to hijacking Gost's post here.
                    His point that 5 quarts (gallons?) oil free is a good deal. It is a good deal no matter
                    how you look at it. Looks like Green Earth Technologies is having problems and
                    is trying a new marketing strategy:

Green Earth Technologies, Inc. Announces Executive Changes
                    05/18/2011
                    On May 16, 2011, William J. Marshall resigned from his positions as chairman and chief executive officer of Green Earth Technologies, Inc., and Darren Cherry resigned from his position as a director of the company. Mr. Marshall will continue to serve as a member of the company's board of directors. On the same date, the company's board of directors appointed David M. Buicko, an existing director of the company, as chairman to succeed Mr. Marshall in that position.

Comment

lol yeah i dont think any of my cars are delicate enough to really have to worry about free synthetic oil damaging them. the bp can take it all day

Comment

Working...
                      X