Tire sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire sizes

What are all the tire sizes that will fit a 1992 ford festiva? and/or are there benefits to either or...

Oh my. Search and be anointed with knowledge!

Or just go and sift through the suspension forum and you should get more info without searching.

Your question is very broad! I could write reams on my opinion, but many of us have already done so. It would be best to at least narrow it down to a certain wheel size and width, and what you expect to do with the car.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

ya, was kinda vague, just wondering what all sizes you can use on a festy, I know 12's are standard but what can you do, saw one guy put 15's on but he did some aspire swapping. is that necessary to get that big? and also what type of advantages are there to small or big. like would 15 get better mpg or be faster then 12's?

Comment

If you want a wheel/tire upgrade, the easiest, and potentially cheapest, thing to do is to go to the 'yards and look for a set of Metro 13" steelies with good tires on them. Chances are they'll already be balanced and ready to go. Get 155/80s for fuel economy, or 175/70s for handling.

Check for the tire date on the sidewall so you know how old they are, too. I'd stick with those under four years old.

Metro steelies are a direct bolt on and work perfectly. Around central Ohio, I'd probably pay PnP around $100 for a set of tires on Metro wheels.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
        X